Problem with E&P Levellers (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2014
Sigglesthorne East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Tried to retract the Rams this morning and NOTHING happened.
After checking the manual it was evident that the only option was to open the valves and manually wind the motor to retract the Rams. This was easy enough to do and got us mobile again. Whilst driving the audible alarm can be heard as I assume the control panel thinks the Rams are still out. Been Sunday I cannot speak to Mike at SAP in Doncaster or E&P head office. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you checked the main motor fuse?
Mine is an inline fuse, adjacent to the pump

OP
OP
John Gallagher
Apr 22, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Thanks Robert, that's a good idea which I will check out tomorrow. Hopefully the wind and rain will have stopped by then.
I am hoping that I can speak to Mick who fitted them first thing in morning and sure he will point me in the right area to find the fuse. Many thanks. John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Pulling the fuse and re inserting it will reset the system and be ok (y) It will not lose any settings.
Mick would tell you exactly the same

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Pulling the fuse and re inserting it will reset the system and be ok (y) It will not lose any settings.
Mick would tell you exactly the same
Andy
Are you familiar with the link between E&P levellers and VB air suspension?
I inadvertently removed the 7.5A fuse on the VB and now the link with the levellers appears not to be working.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have you checked the main motor fuse?
Mine is an inline fuse, adjacent to the pump
I am pretty sure there will be/is a big fuse at the main battery that supplies the pump, ours is the engine battery and others fitted by Mick will be the same I imagine.

Martin

OP
OP
John Gallagher
Apr 22, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Thanks Martin. I will confirm with Mick in morning.
Got a 380 mile trip to our next site so will be setting off early in morning, hopefully have all the right answers by the time we arrive.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I am pretty sure there will be/is a big fuse at the main battery that supplies the pump, ours is the engine battery and others fitted by Mick will be the same I imagine.

Martin
No Martin its not the BIG fuse but a small blade fuse near the pump that resets it

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This one
image.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No Martin its not the BIG fuse but a small blade fuse near the pump that resets it
OK I was thinking "blown fuse" on the main supply side but I guess if the control panel is beeping the power must be getting to the panel.

I have never had a problem with ours but it is worth trying to remember there is a fuse there.

Martin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It seems to be common on the new model
Mine failed and I called Mick immediately but the second time I knew it was a simple reset

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have had to pull that booted fuse as well to reset, possibly a bigger issue than we realise if we are all doing it?

I also have odd issues where all of my legs do not deploy

Question for other users, does your beep to say it is level and or when the legs are fully retracted, mine doesn't for either but I am sure I have read other do?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Question for other users, does your beep to say it is level and or when the legs are fully retracted, mine doesn't for either but I am sure I have read other do?
No
Level is indicated by the central green light
When the jacks are retracted the pump stops and after a period it beeps to signify it has shut down

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
No
Level is indicated by the central green light
When the jacks are retracted the pump stops and after a period it beeps to signify it has shut down

thanks Andy, agree on the green light, although I have had that with only three legs down, but nothing to confirm all away

might need to try another reset myself o_O

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The jacks operate strictly in pairs and if you see the nearest touch down you cannot assume that the other one did first , they don't come down equally and one has to ground before the oil increases pressure to the other
I believe that is normal in manual

In auto they should all contact

It would be logical to assume that the jacks nearest to the pump will ground first

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Interesting thread.
Around mid September 15 (it was new in July) had a problem with my front near side ram not deploying fully on auto level, it grounded on the first stroke, then when the off side ram deployed lifting the front it left the near side ram about 30mm off the ground but with the controller showing level. I was able to manually deploy it the last bit
I had it looked at in the November. Sod's law, it didn't happen when it was with the engineers or again until late June this year. Spoke to E & P in July and had it booked in and the ram replaced.
Brought it home and it happened on the first deployment!
Rang the engineers who in turn said they would contact E & P. Now just waiting on response. Not stressing as I can, as I said, deploy it manually, but it does and has previously, make a slight clunk when I do.
Thoughts?
Spud

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Faulty solenoid valve on the pump block me thinks

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you remove the main fuse will you need to re-program that level point?
I've done this before and it tells you in the handbook how to do it

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If you remove the main fuse will you need to re-program that level point?
I've done this before and it tells you in the handbook how to do it
No Mick said not
The memory is solid state and has to last something like a year by law

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Spud sounds like we have identical scenario, not totally sure yet but I don't think ours is always the same leg, I always stay in mine and deploy on auto, wait for green light, then give a few more seconds as it often seems to slightly readjust, then turn off remote

Then but only rarely find one of the legs not fully down, as you say about 30mm off floor

Like you I fix by switching to manual to finish off, frustrating more than anything else

We also get a bad shudder when retracting, sometimes worse than others, I think depends on how far out the legs are

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@Spud sounds like we have identical scenario, not totally sure yet but I don't think ours is always the same leg, I always stay in mine and deploy on auto, wait for green light, then give a few more seconds as it often seems to slightly readjust, then turn off remote

Then but only rarely find one of the legs not fully down, as you say about 30mm off floor

Like you I fix by switching to manual to finish off, frustrating more than anything else

We also get a bad shudder when retracting, sometimes worse than others, I think depends on how far out the legs are
Hi David

The shudder might be the handbrake as the wheels have to move backwards on the suspension as the van comes down, when they are up in the air they pivot about a point in front of the wheel.

Martin

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi David

The shudder might be the handbrake as the wheels have to move backwards on the suspension as the van comes down, when they are up in the air they pivot about a point in front of the wheel.

Martin

I did think that Martin, but even if I raise the jacks by releasing the hand brake first, mine auto lift if handbrake released, still get the same

I still think mine are slightly off vertical, which would aggravate the judder maybe. Also noticed that Andy had 2 legs, where we only have a single piston, not sure what difference that makes, not sure what you have

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I did think that Martin, but even if I raise the jacks by releasing the hand brake first, mine auto lift if handbrake released, still get the same

I still think mine are slightly off vertical, which would aggravate the judder maybe. Also noticed that Andy had 2 legs, where we only have a single piston, not sure what difference that makes, not sure what you have
Hi David

Single like you, the double give you more stroke with limited room under the chassis, so I guess we both have more room available to fit the single ram.

Possibly your are slightly out of line and that might make it judder a bit?

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you ever had them checked/serviced?
My installers Rosmia reckon they should be done after 2 years

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just had a call from Rosmia to say that setting the level point on Levelling Jacks breaks the link with the air suspension
At the end of setting the level point you have to press the retract button a further 3 times
This programs the level point AND turns on the link to the air suspension.

Shame they didn't mention this at handover

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back