Problem with Autotrail Kigass management system (1 Viewer)

Ian Richards

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
Tadley, Hants
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi,
I have a problem with the energy management system in our 2007 Autotrail Starfire camper.
On switching on the system it only 'sees' 9 functions rather than the necessary 12 which means that it does not turn on the pump, level indicator and lights.
I have returned this to the dealer because the van is still under warranty but I have been informed that the company Kigass went out of business years ago and so it is no longer possible to get these panels or parts. So I can see a long term problem arising.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get over it please?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Not the answer to your problem but the Starfire is an AutoCruise model not Autotrail. I know we shouldn't correct people's spelling on here but getting the name right may help to get more people to look at the thread and therefore get you a better response.

D.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have the same unit in my Autocruise and I also have known about the Kiglass company going out of business. My only problem is that the ECU starts up automatically when the engine stops although once plugged in I can turn id off. So these units do seem to have problems, just keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't go wrong any further. I take it that major problems could only be cured by a replacement unit --- at some cost.

OP
OP
I

Ian Richards

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
Tadley, Hants
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
I am a newbie
Well it is still in the hands of the dealer at the moment but the Service Manager told me that there is not a 'replacement' as such but that it could mean a rewire of the van!
I understand that Swift bought out the Autocruise and Kigass system and replaced it with their own. Haven't looked into that side of things yet, I am waiting to hear what the dealer has to say. Will keep you posted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back