Problem when fridge is on gas. (1 Viewer)

Teaman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2017
Uk
Funster No
MH
Rv Lowe line
Exp
Since 2014
Hi
I have a Chausson allegro 97 and have a problem with the fridge it runs ok on electric and ok when the van is running. But when you turn on the gas and switch the fridge onto gas it does not ignite and you cannot hear it clicking when it's trying to ingnite. Has anyone got any ideas what to look for?
Thanks Teaman.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have the same problem, it`s a Dometic 6270.
I think they built the interior around the fridge.
After a weekend of trying it had me beaten. I could get it so far out then it seemed to need the hob removing to get any further and that`s where I gave up.
Like yours it won`t click / flash when button pressed so more electrical problem than blocked flue I think ?
I`ll watch this thread with interest.
BTW, I rang two mobile engineers today and both fobbed me off and I dodn`t think they will be ringing me back as promised :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
This might be a silly point, but the gas will only ignite when it needs to cool. If the fridge is already down to temperature, then the gas won't ignite until the fridge gets too warm. Leave it a while, if after an hour or so and it still hasn't tried to light, I'd say you have an issue.

OP
OP
T

Teaman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2017
Uk
Funster No
MH
Rv Lowe line
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for all your help.
Yes everything else is working ok. some times you can not here the clicking as if it might be a electrical problem. But the light comes on on the fridge but not constant. How hard is it to clean the jet on the fridge as I have not tried that yet.
Thanks Teaman

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for all your help.
Yes everything else is working ok. some times you can not here the clicking as if it might be a electrical problem. But the light comes on on the fridge but not constant. How hard is it to clean the jet on the fridge as I have not tried that yet.
Thanks Teaman
If it's not clicking it's not trying to light so cleaning the jet isn't going to fix it, if it was working but not cooling I would say go for cleaning the jet burner and flue. How easy is it? Very if you know how and have access straight into the back of the fridge burner, the jet is on the end of the nut that goes into the burner assembly its doesn't need cleaning as such but sometimes there is a build up of rust/dust from the gas feed pipe that needs cleaning out, you will have read it before but "don't poke anything into the jet"

And if you don't know what you are doing then possibly you shouldn't be doing it, gas and 240volts are hiding at the back of the fridge prepared to do you damage if you mess up.

Martin

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I have the same motorhome and had the same problem. The motorhome sits slightly nose down and all I did was turn the motorhome round on my drive. I then left it a couple of hours running on gas and the freezer was down to -14. This maybe worth trying. By the way great taste you have there.

OP
OP
T

Teaman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2017
Uk
Funster No
MH
Rv Lowe line
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for all your help will try some of these suggestions.
Teaman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back