Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi I have had 150 panel fitted on my van little red light flashing as far as I know it's charging, bought a meter to add to the control panel pluged it in and I'm getting red error light nothing in instructions any ideas please dual controller and dual meter

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi I have had 150 panel fitted on my van little red light flashing as far as I know it's charging, bought a meter to add to the control panel pluged it in and I'm getting red error light nothing in instructions any ideas please dual controller and dual meter

Did you power it down ( Properly ) and up ( Properly ) after fitting the meter, which I am guessing is a remote display.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sleep e carr

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Hi All thank you to those that gave advice , all fixed now it turned out to be bad connection on the roof on one the little plugs a grommet that is supposed to keep water out had moved and the fitting went green hence NO charge so I had a solar panel for 5 months that was doing very little, once I got a meter and plugged it in everything is fine
both batteries fully charged so have loads of power and you can't have too much power.

Happy days George Joan David and willow from Whitby

Last edited:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
What your panel shows is the charging rate you have to wait till night to find the correct state of your batteries

Joe

OP
OP
sleep e carr

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Hi All thank you to those that gave advice , all fixed now it turned out to be bad connection on the roof on one the little plugs a grommet that is supposed to keep water out had moved and the fitting went green hence NO charge so I had a solar panel for 5 months that was doing very little, once I got a meter and plugged it in everything is fine
both batteries fully charged so have loads of power and you can't have too much power.

Yes done that still putting in 0.4 v even at night

OP
OP
sleep e carr

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp

I have ABS batteries 110 amh £74.each delivered 4 years warrantee

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Yes done that still putting in 0.4 v even at night
Looks like something is telling porkies, never heard of solar panels receiving a charge when it's dark, unless there is an exceptionally bright moon and you are parked near a football stadium with a game playing.......

OP
OP
sleep e carr

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Looks like something is telling porkies, never heard of solar panels receiving a charge when it's dark, unless there is an exceptionally bright moon and you are parked near a football stadium with a game playing.......
My van is parked under a street light, it picks up light from that my friend has the save model and his doe's the same. No need to tell porkies it's a fact and it's there doing it right now

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
My van is parked under a street light, it picks up light from that my friend has the save model and his doe's the same it's a fact and it's there doing it right now
I didn't mean you, I thought it was your panel, but that's certainly one way to keep everything charged up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back