Probably a daft question, but how do we get rid of waste water? (1 Viewer)

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
We have been told that getting rid of waste water, is simply a matter of pulling the lever and away we go, but when we do this nothing happens. Have read the manual, which tells us nothing at all. We have a 2003 Elddis Firestorm. Sorry if this is indeed a daft question?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Elddis use tiny little taps for their drains.
It might be blocked, even unblocked ones are pathetically slow at emptying!

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Your don't say what model it is but on our 100 the grey waste tank had a convoluted pipe leading from it with a tap on the end. That end was clipped up underneath near the habitation door. It's just a matter of releasing the pipe and opening the tap into a container. There is a similar arrangement for draining down the fresh water tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Oh dear here we again! There may soon be many posters on here to give their 'opinions'.
My preference,when on site is to drain into a Waste hog and wheel it to an approved dump site.
Some cl/cs let you dump it in a hedgerow. Other than that When I arrive home I dump it in a grid in the kerbside. Black waste (poo,wee) is dumped in the correct chemical disposal point or,if permitted,down a toilet bowl,either on site or at home.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Oh dear here we again! There may soon be many posters on here to give their 'opinions'.
My preference,when on site is to drain into a Waste hog and wheel it to an approved dump site.
Some cl/cs let you dump it in a hedgerow. Other than that When I arrive home I dump it in a grid in the kerbside. Black waste (poo,wee) is dumped in the correct chemical disposal point or,if permitted,down a toilet bowl,either on site or at home.
Oh dear here we go again someone answering without actually reading the question.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Oh dear here we go again someone answering without actually reading the question.
Maybe,but probably anticipating the next question!

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
That's a bit harsh, BF. The guy/gal is new to this, and only asking :(........Personally, I bought a grid, which we take everywhere with us. Then, when the tank is full, I drop the grid on the floor, and empty into it!! If it is seen to be flooding, I just say "Tut Tut, another blocked grid"! (y)

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
That's a bit harsh, BF. The guy/gal is new to this, and only asking :(........Personally, I bought a grid, which we take everywhere with us. Then, when the tank is full, I drop the grid on the floor, and empty into it!! If it is seen to be flooding, I just say "Tut Tut, another blocked grid"! (y)
Yes I know and I wasn't berating them!

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Errrmmm? Grey Water?:Eeek:

OH!!! Silly Billy me:doh: Thats the stuff I dribble on the road that gets all the Motorcyclists behind me angry? Eh?:laughing:

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Got a link Toots..................I want one of those:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D and badly!

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Julie and Rod will be wondering what can of worms they've opened up here. :doh:
Go with jonandshell and GJH and you should find the answer, somewhere under there you'll find the drain pipe with a twist turn tap or as you said a lever. If you have room for a bucket under the van or a waste hog then that's your route, if not you'll need to drain over a grid on site.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Seems to me Bigfoot your the one leading with your "Opinions"

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have been told that getting rid of waste water, is simply a matter of pulling the lever and away we go, but when we do this nothing happens. Have read the manual, which tells us nothing at all. We have a 2003 Elddis Firestorm. Sorry if this is indeed a daft question?
Please let us know if you get it sorted. I'm guessing you have either not pulled the lever far enough or the pipe is blocked. We don't have an Elddis so can't help.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I noticed on our new van that the waste water took forever to drain, despite Autosleeper claiming " a large bore waste pipe for easier draining".
Well, it is quite large, but they fitted some sort of baffle in the tap that restricted the bore by 50%.
I took it out and the waste drains far quicker.
I reckon you have a blocked tap or drain pipe. They are easy to take apart, most fittings just push together.
Allan

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Seems to me Bigfoot your the one leading with your "Opinions"
This is becoming a conversation involving redundant concepts,you and some others seem to be confusing opinions with advice.
I have no desire to continue this pointless discussion!

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Excuse me Bigfoot, take a minute to read your opening post ref "Oh dear here we go again" then YOU bracket other people's 'opinions' as seemingly worthless then proceed to give your own opinion, which you single out as advice rather than opinion, I and others are not confused, we are merely answering a reasonable question asked by a fellow Funster.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I found that mine was slow to drain but after a course of tablets off the doctors it's much better now.

Oh sorry wrong thread, I thought it was you know your getting old when thread. ;)

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As has been said, check the pipe isn't blocked, open tap and stick an old wire coat hanger up it, see if it clears.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Not a daft question but a lot of daft replies, try again another time or else wait and see if someone with some sense comes on and gives you some help.:reel:

Upvote 0

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Julie and Rod will be wondering what can of worms they've opened up here. :doh:
Go with jonandshell and GJH and you should find the answer, somewhere under there you'll find the drain pipe with a twist turn tap or as you said a lever. If you have room for a bucket under the van or a waste hog then that's your route, if not you'll need to drain over a grid on site.

Huh! really......is that how you does it We just never ever close the tap works wonderfully no mess no smell ever

Upvote 0

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I found that mine was slow to drain but after a course of tablets off the doctors it's much better now.

Oh sorry wrong thread, I thought it was you know your getting old when thread. ;)

Me too but when they stuck a tube in it was OK.......OMG is this the wrong thread then:whistle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back