private plates.. what's the low down ? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
my car ends in OAP ....feeling a bit that way now:sleep:

Hey! My car reg ends in OAP too! Hope it's not cloned :D

I HATE the reg # but the car was a good deal, so I'm stuck with the number. How many times do I have to put up with boy racer tailgating me (when I'm observing the speed limit) and him shouting, "Your F***ing plate suits you, you tosser!" as he roars past (making masturbatery gestures)

PS. I bought the car in Stockton-upon-Tees otherwise it would start with 'E'

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have bought one but can I put it on the new van when the dealer registers it? Or do I get the allocated one then change it later.
They must give me a RIGHT TO USE certificate, it is a 16 plate so would fit the age.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I have bought one but can I put it on the new van when the dealer registers it? Or do I get the allocated one then change it later.
They must give me a RIGHT TO USE certificate, it is a 16 plate so would fit the age.

I had to wait until the dealer sent off the V5C which has to be in your name before you can change the plate, as soon as the new V5C came I changed the plate online.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

You can have it put on from first registration.

You should have a form V750, which is the certificate for entitlement, from whoever you bought the plate from.

All you need to do is send that form to the dealer and they can register the vehicle with that number.

That's what I did with our van. No problems at all.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I had to wait until the dealer sent off the V5C which has to be in your name before you can change the plate, as soon as the new V5C came I changed the plate online.

That wasn't the case when we bought ours.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I bought it straight from the DVLC I hoped it would be able to be put straight on at first registration which is on the 27th. The DVLC site says the correct form will go out ASAP so I might have time yet if that is how it works. The lady at the dealer who does it all has been emailed and will get it tomorrow morning. NICE number though.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We had a 'Private Plate' on our car.
As we use the 'Van more than the car we decided to put the PP on the 'van.
We (I) took the PP off the car using the online service from DVLA, no problem.
Tried to put PP on 'Van online. The 'puter said,"No"
I rang Blodwyn at DVLA to ask, "Why the problem"
"At sometime in the last five years, your 'van has had neither Tax or SORN. We will have to investigate and send Penalty Notice to the owner at that time."
"Don't bother" says I. That bloke is pushing up the daisy's, He is deceased, He has joined the choir invisible and is no more, He is dead.
Oh! said Blodwyn, You still can't do it online, Fill in the Form when you get your Retention Certificate and we'll do it at this end.
And they did, in record time.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
So is a FUN at £399 well I think so anyway.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Most probably before I ordered mine, £80 allocation fee included for the new van.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Most probably before I ordered mine, £80 allocation fee included for the new van.

We bought our plate in February & it too included the £80 fee - think prices vary though - which FUN plate did you buy ?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
image.jpeg

When Ralph converted our Peugeot boxer xlwb van, I wanted to get him a private reg , as a surprise.
RB14PUG ( Ralph Bev 14 PUG )
Although we got Pug the back end of January 15 , I wasn't allowed the 15 and had to get the 14.
It's our only private reg on our vehicles . But we do plan on keeping PUG indefinateley.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It is G D 16 FUN. 15 would be a better fit though. Most of my friends would say Fun is not my description. However We get it next Friday afternoon and will go down to Rutland Water for the week end on the way home with the van and Wifey driving the car. It is very different driving an A class though the screen seems miles away, but I will soon get used to it. Most expensive thing I ever bought and the only NEW item apart from a motorbike in 1967. I am getting fed up trying to change Good back to good at the beginning prescriptive bloody text will not allow it. It is good , no it is DG around the other way but it is still trying to do it.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
It is G D 16 FUN. 15 would be a better fit though. Most of my friends would say Fun is not my description. However We get it next Friday afternoon and will go down to Rutland Water for the week end on the way home with the van and Wifey driving the car. It is very different driving an A class though the screen seems miles away, but I will soon get used to it. Most expensive thing I ever bought and the only NEW item apart from a motorbike in 1967. I am getting fed up trying to change Good back to good at the beginning prescriptive bloody text will not allow it. It is good , no it is DG around the other way but it is still trying to do it.

Enjoy your new Motorhome , and your weekend at Rutland. You'll soon get used to driving it , I'm sure.
Remember , "You can't take it with you and there's no pockets in a shroud" , as my gran used to say !

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I dare not show my car against the new van in a picture, I would be accused of stealing the van, but the car is a functional item that works every day. The van is my experiences from now on until I cannot do it any more. You cannot take it with you and I have some money and no way does it go to the Government in taxes if I can use it first. The van is still a week away and I am getting really twitchy now.

I am not really understanding why the site will not allow a G and a D together without forcing it to be GOOD, happens everytime I try and write the plate details down.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I just bought T30 CNO to go with my T33 CNO :D