Privacy room

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by ElvisQPR, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ElvisQPR

ElvisQPR Deleted User

Hi. New to here and new to motorhome owning too.
    Please tell me that it is possible to affix a zip privacy front and sides to a non-zip standard fiamma awning. Clip system or such-like?
    Sorry if that is a dumb question.

2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi elvis and welcome (even if you are an Rs fan)
    They are avtually different. I have not seen anyone do this but stand to be corrected. From me remembering (ive had both) teh zip merely zipped on to a cannopy which had a zip atteched. The clip system was done by utilising the pole which had a hole in the canopy runner. Im not saying its imposible but may require some DIY intervention and may be a bit of a fiddle. Personally people tend to believe that teh safari room is hassle anyhow. Many go for the mesh that slots in, much lighter and easy to fit. Keeps the wind off, or we tend to use our drive away awning. Both the safari rooms we have had we have ended up selling, however people who go racing seem to love them.

haganap (eagles- londons finest)

3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi ElvisQPR I can't help with your question:Sad: but :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

C'mon Urrrrrr's. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi

A standard Fiamma awning and a zip privacy room are not compatible.

Peter

5. ElvisQPR

ElvisQPR Deleted User

Thanks for the replies. And Brisey, come on U soopahhhh.....

I guess I`ve made an elementary booboo then???? I`ve bought this rather expensive privacy room and can`t attach it? The guy told me there was a clip system that you could use!

Are there decent sides and fronts available for the standard awning at all?

Looks like I`m going to have to sell the one I have bought. Always the way when money is tight. Oh well you live and learn :Sad:

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the show, the fiamma awning has front and sides available to complete a safari room, see Johns Cross site for prices, The world of motorhomes is a bit different to tugging but you will soon settle in. Why not join us at the Shepton Mallet Show in September, lots of members attending who could help with any remaining problems.
    click the link below for full details

<http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/rallies-meets/14056-motorhome-us-rv-show-sept-11-13-2009-a.html>

7. haganap

Hi Elvis, I sold both of mine on ebay for good money. Don't know what you paid for it but I got £250 for both of mine that I sold. Try the free ads on here and outandaboutlive.co.uk there always seems buyers out there for these items.

and next time ASK BEFORE YOU BUY :Doh:

happy touring.

8. ElvisQPR

ElvisQPR Deleted User

Yep it`s on EBay! :BigGrin:

I asked. But I asked the wrong person! :Rofl1:

Now looking for a safari room!!!!! :thumb:

9. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Elvis

I would think that quite a few of us have been down the same route.:Blush: We have a Safari Room which we have never used,:Eek!: also had a porch type awning which the missus didn't like:Sad: and have finally settled for a Khyam Excesior Motordome drive away awning.:thumb:
    We have yet to erect it, so we could have another mistaken purchase in the offing.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. haganap

Trust me elvis, that is the best answer to safari room probems I have heard, Learn from those of us that have hauled these overweight bits of kit around

11. JayDee

JayDee Funster

A different, lightweight option could be here:

http://www.lillypadleisure.com/

We have one for the side and friends of ours have a couple of front panels. Simple to fit, quick to remove and very light.

The side panels are threaded on an extendable pole which fits between the 'van mounted cassette and the wound out box section. The front panels slide into the channel on the front of the fiamma / omnistor. Variety of colours

Saw them at Malvern last year

Hope this is of use.

John