Printers: Continuous Ink Systems ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Has anyone got experience of continuous ink systems ?

I was thinking of buying this one Link Removed

would appreciate any help or guidance .. thanks

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Jim,

as per a previous posting, I've run one from the same suppliers on an HP Officejet printer for about the last 3 years.

It's worked faultlessly, and I'm on my first set of refill ink, having used that supplied when I purchased.

A few things to note:

i) my printer doesn't use 'chipped' cartridges, so I can't vouch for how well the auto reset will work

ii) I don't use mine for photo printing (it's really an office printer, and I have another photo printer anyway). The inks supplied with the one you reference appear to be photo compatible, however.

iii) The feed tanks sit outside the printer, and the tubing has to be fed to the cartridge/printheads. Not particularly neat looking and my printer requires a 'hatch' to be left open and a microswitch taped down to achieve this. Easy to do, however, and mine is hidden away anyhow.

iv) From scratch, I was concerned that it wasn't feeding well up the tubing, but, despite it appearing to clear back out of the tubes under non-use, I haven't had any issue. Using it for any time simply draws the ink through.

v) Printhead quality readings from my HP 'toolbox' software show absolutely zero deterioration in quality since using it.

It is possible to buy CISS off eBay, but there are varying types which get differing reviews, and Cityinkexpress was well regarded when I bought. In addition, they've been around for some time, so getting spares, top ups, etc. is easy.

HTH

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

I recall your previous post about Ciss , thanks for the information, much appreciated :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i use one on my epsom r300 which has 6 chipped cartridges and it works great, when the printer shows low ink i just turn it of then back on it will then show that low ink is now full

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have the IP4600 and have found the photos fantastic. Like any printer the amount of ink depends on the amount of use, however we have no regrets as we wanted a better quality for our framed photographs. We haven`t used any clone inks and won`t, as the quality, i`m sure, would suffer. Our Christmas cards have also been easier to make, with a "quality" feel about them.

Must be cheaper than when we purchased it 18months ago though.:thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back