printer ink?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by CHRI$, Sep 13, 2011.

1. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

how many peeps on here use the correct printer ink ,as reccomended by your printer manufactorer,or like me do you use ebay cheapies.
    i have an old epson stylus r300 photo printer and it takes 6 inks at a cost of £1 each:thumb:and have been useing the same ink surplyer for years without problem and see no difference with quality:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

If it works for you thats fine!

Personally I had some trouble with cheap inks clogging the printer, some time ago, so now I only used the proper branded inks, although I do go to a lot of trouble to buy them from the cheapest internet supplier I can find (which varies, the cheapest today may not be tomorrow).

3. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Have to agree, always used compatibles until I had a problem with clogging inks on my Epson PX710W now I am only using originals and like you finding cheapest supplier

4. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I also have an Epson PX710W, I buy compatibles from a guy in Mold Market, 6 cartridges was about £9, only clogged on the black once when I hadn't used it for a long while, put it through one self cleaning cycle and it was perfect again, I can put up with that bit of hassle considering the enormous cost savings.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mavis

Mavis Funster

Its been cheaper to buy a new printer than pay for some of the Ink cartridges :Angry:

• Like Like x 2
  6. 656

656 Read Only Funster

As we have an HP Envy printer, we only use original inks. Tried the copy inks once - on a different printer - and the colours were a mile off. As I calibrate my monitor to produce exact colours, what I see is what I want. :Rofl1:

7. tofo

tofo Funster

i have an hp b110 printer i only use originals
    after a brother and epson printer stopped and choked
    when i used cpmpatable inks:thumb:

8. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I use copy inks in a text only printer, they work great and cost hardly anything. I couldnt bring myself to use compatibles in my Epson Photo R2400, I only use this for keepers or sellers and the quality is superb. Some pros use the external ink systems with this & similar quality printers, but I don't use mine enough to warrant the investment, maybe when I retire and take more photos. :Smile:

9. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

i agree mavis,the printers are cheap,then they sting you for ink replacements,:Eeek:

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Some printers are actually sold as a loss leader, sold cheap knowing they will earn their cash on the cartridges.

There is a minolta couler laser that is cheaper to buy new that it is to buy a new set of colour toners:Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I think you will find cartridges supplied with new printers only have a minimal amount of ink in them, they soon run out.:cry:

12. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i bought some 'compatables' from Morrisons for a previous printer, cant remember the make but maybe HP, and they didnt work.

on closer inspection none of the copper contact dots were the same as the originals.

took them back and changed for another set, took them to customer services and asked them to open the packaging.

and once again the contacts were completely different to both the originals (genuine) and the first set i bought.

the same cartridges may fit many 'same brand' printer models but the contact configurations are different for each model :Doh:

13. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Used compatibles in my Epson Stylus 680 for most of its 8 year life and couldn't see any difference between them and the Epson brand, other than the £10 - £15 per cartridge!

About to try the same with a Canon ip4600 (it's all right having individual cartridges for each colour, but not when they're tiny and the printer takes great pleasure in emptying them with cleaning cycles), and my trusty old B&W HP LaserJet will be getting a cheap toner cartridge now that HP versions have gone up in price by about 50% since I last bought one :Angry:

14. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

we go through a fair load of ink catridges, and have wasted money on the compatibles, which mostly won't work at all. I have however found that tesco inks are very good. I refill them myself a couple of times. At £30 a time for a hp one its very expensive.

Shirl

15. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

i used a ciss system (continuous ink system ) on my r300 for 8 years with no problems at all , its now free to anybody as my printer finally packed in, have just bought a px720wd and a set of refillable cartridges for it and will fill my own once again, i think its all down to the quality of the refillable ink you buy

16. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Bit off topic but aren't these wifi wireless printers amazing?

Can't get my head round that technology.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Have tried using cheaper inks for normal everyday use they are fine, but if you want good colour reproduction for pictures don't think you can beat printers own make.

Have also noticed that using their own paper as well can improve the reproduction of pictures.

18. Terry

Terry Funster

Got an Epson SX215 and get very good results using compatibles @ £12 for 20 cartridges :thumb: Had a posh Epson photo printer for yrs until it came up with take it to the dealer some components need replacing/end of life :Rofl1: The main agent told me to bin it (cost more to fix) and tried to flog me the SX for £80 but got one from Curry or Comet on offer for £40 :thumb: After using around 60 I get the odd cartridge that does not work but at 60p per go I can afford to sling the odd one :Rofl1:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  19. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Please let me know how this goes as I didn't know you could buy refillable for epson. Thanks :thumb:

20. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

try pro dye maximus from blue apple trading 5xbottless and frefillable carts for £ 50 .00 and have lasted my for 2 years :RollEyes: