DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've downloaded a couple thread before, which you could then import into a word processing package and print.

Trouble is I am struggling to remember how I did it! However, I need to do it on a thread of my own so I need to find an answer.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
2 methods spring to mind.....

Cut and paste evey thread onto a word document and print that......or, maybe, hit the 'multi-quote' tag on every post, then open up the box where your new 'with quotes' reply would go, and then cut'n'paste that whole text box without 'posting' it as a reply???? mebbe ??? Just a thought!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Please can anyone suggest a simple ('cos I am) way to print out all the posts in a thread 4 or 5 pages long.

I've downloaded a couple thread before, which you could then import into a word processing package and print.

Trouble is I am struggling to remember how I did it! However, I need to do it on a thread of my own so I need to find an answer.

2 methods spring to mind.....

Cut and paste evey thread onto a word document and print that......or, maybe, hit the 'multi-quote' tag on every post, then open up the box where your new 'with quotes' reply would go, and then cut'n'paste that whole text box without 'posting' it as a reply???? mebbe ??? Just a thought!

....Yup - that works!!!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
And if you want to have the printed pages in a soft copy pdf document format you can install PrimoPDF and PDFill (both free versions), assuming Windows PC and use Jim's printing option.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've just copied my thread of our recent trip to Spain. I used the MS Office Clipboard which allows up to 24 separate copying actions and then you can paste them all at once. I have Office 2010 but I think it is available in some earlier versions.

The image below shows me doing this. The window on top is MHF and underneath it Word is open. To open the Office Clipboard you start a new document and in Word 2010 you select the Home tab and click on the Office Clipboard on the far left of the menu which runs along the top.

Then you select each bit of the MHF thread you want to copy, right click and select Copy then go on to the next post you want to copy. In the image below you can see I have copied three posts. It doesn't seem to copy large pictures but small images are picked up. It might be something to do with the memory available to the Clipboard but this wasn't a problem for me as the images will be added later.

When you have done a page or two click on the Word document and select Paste All followed by Clear All on the Clipboard. You can then start on the next pages. It didn't take me very long to copy across a 20 page thread and after a bit of tiding up it could be printed if you wanted to do that.

OfficeClipboard.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
seems like a long winded way of doing it.. but whatever suits is fine ..
If you know a better way of making a soft copy please share. :) Does the Firefox trick have the option to "Print to file" or something like that?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you know a better way of making a soft copy please share. :) Does the Firefox trick have the option to "Print to file" or something like that?

yes .. you can print to file .. as previous post

And if you want to have the printed pages in a soft copy pdf document format you can install PrimoPDF and PDFill (both free versions), assuming Windows PC and use Jim's printing option.

screen shot , print box showing printing to PDF
Capture.PNG

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thank you, I might give that a try but what I need is the text in the thread, not all the peripheral stuff like adverts. Which I suspect is what would happen, assuming I can extract the text from the PDF.

A cycling forum I use has the functionality to download an entire thread with a single click. It comes as plain text but that isn't a problem. I will strip all the formatting off what I've copied anyway in order to clean it up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back