LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................

Bloody good effort by the Motorhome club with the marshalling..

Crap security guards, who on the whole managed to antagonise everyone they came in to contact with !

Crap ( !!!!!! ) toilets and elsan points *

Not a bad selection of traders ( Good to see Dave ( Newall ) and the guys from John Cross there ), and got some REAL bargains !!

Toilets... Absolutely awful situation.. Quite obviously the numbers visiting far exceeded those expected and catered for.. The few toilet blocks that were scattered around all suffered from an amazing pong !!
Not sure who supplied the toilet blocks bit they are def VERY mean with the chemicals.

So much so that they were quickly overcome and just could not deal with the volume of sewage

On top of that overflowing elsan points were a major health hazard

To be fair, I just thing the event was far more of a success ( as far as visitor numbers ) than expected .. If ( IF ) they run it again next year I hope they will have taken some lessons from this year and things will improve

With the entertainment being pretty good, the meeting up with many other Funsters, and the bargains found around the stalls, Mo and I will def be booking again if we get a chance

Link Removed

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
all look superfine to me :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
/fine to me too...... you been on the pop JJ?:Smile:

Agree with the comments. I won't be going again unless they decide to define areas for the clubs ...... I had to walk about three miles a day to go and visit all the Funster friends who were scattered all over the various fields.

The disabled field that Barbara and Dixon were on proved impossible for them to use a wheelchair and there were no showers or toilets near it. The marshalls walking round didn't seem to have a clue what was going on and the language from the younger ones as they walked around was disgusting considering it was a family show..... it was ripe.

The Friday night show was brilliant compared to the Saturday one which left people to make their own night special to my mind ... just my opinion... not impressed with the performers which I saw, but didn't see all the show.

Then they tried to stop the release of the Chinese lanterns which had been sold in the showground and advertised in their literature by saying they were illegal...

Having said all that it was a weekend made good by the lovely people there.:thumb::thumb:

(Thanks to Bill for the help with the light)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back