Prescriptions (1 Viewer)

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
We are going to Scotland in July, Hopefully for some months and i was wondering if i can still change my prescriptions in Scotland without any trouble or do i need to take enough medication to last the trip ? Betty :Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant see why not Betty, after all its still the NHS but with an accent::bigsmile:

but, depending on where you are going, you are better using the bigger towns......i found even shops can be a bit thin on the ground away from the more populated areas.

Last edited:

bobble

Free Member
Mar 23, 2009
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Twice now, on six month trips to Spain ,our G.P. has beenhappy to give my partner & I three months medication to take with us and then after three months has given my son in law a further three months supply for him to post on. No problem in Spain, but maybe Scottish Customs are different

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Twice now, on six month trips to Spain ,our G.P. has beenhappy to give my partner & I three months medication to take with us and then after three months has given my son in law a further three months supply for him to post on. No problem in Spain, but maybe Scottish Customs are different

We have the same problem but it does not bother us as in Spain you can buy over the counter just about anything you want, take the UK packaging to the farmacia.

It might be a bit more expensive but we think its worth it.

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
maybe Scottish Customs are different

yes indeed, much different, :beer::drink:

As an exiled Scot for the past twenty years I've had no trouble getting NHS treatments .. but to be on the safe side, when you hand the prescription over make sure there is a folded fiver inside ... :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al1

Free Member
Jul 20, 2008
Funster No
yes indeed, much different, :beer::drink:

As an exiled Scot for the past twenty years I've had no trouble getting NHS treatments .. but to be on the safe side, when you hand the prescription over make sure there is a folded fiver inside ... :winky:

Folded fiver???? there only £4 up here now, typical of the southerners travel way up north to save 3 quid ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

AL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back