Prepare for new diesel price shocks (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Here is me thinking that prices go down with increased volume. Not so with diesel.:cry:

Link Removed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Interesting and thanks for posting, but not the whole story. Diesel price is linked not only to the basic crude feedstock price but mainly to the exchange rate (it is priced in USD) and even more so the demand - it doesn't matter if the oil is produced inside or outside UK, the demand drives the main price since the producer can sell outside Uk to get a better price if there is greater demand there (arbitrage). A few years ago, gasoline prices used to rise and fall in line with demand from the USA summer driving season; not so much now. Today the main driver for price is demand in Asia and short term spikes caused by unplanned shutdowns/world events

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my volvo's an oil burner and doesnt cost any more than it used to....i just dont get as many miles to my £25 a time :roflmto:

but at least the RV is LPG :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
The government are not helping this situation they hammered uswith more tax on fuel:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:after they told everyone to buy diesel cars

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back