f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Can anyone tell me which is the best type of Prepaid card to use for Aires, fuel stations and general purchases? France & Spain

Many Thanks.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We use a prepaid FairFX card for cash withdrawals and Halifax Clarity credit card on all other occasions where we can use plastic. :thumb:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi.

I use a Caxton card for fuel & supermarket shoping. It does need to be used on a terminal which is connected to their system as it requires authorisation at the time of use. As such it will not usualy work on road tolls and is unlikely to on Aires. I guess this is common to most pre loaded cards.

Other the minor issue mentioned, which is for security reasons, I have found it to work well.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Cards

Hi

I used to use a Caxton card and other than the occasional toll booth, it worked fine pretty much anywhere.

Nowadays though, we use Halifax Clarity credit card for purchases and the fee free N&P debit card for cash.

If you like numbers and calculations, our own exchange rate findings based on the above three cards Link Broken

Russell

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve had 2 diferent prepay cards and neither worked on tolls intermitently at petrol stations and not at all on aires with card pay gates

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back