Pre-trip Nerves ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotjimland, Jul 19, 2015.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Anyone else get nervous before a trip ?

We are off on Thursday.. west coast of France for thee weeks.. can't wait go.. but already the nerves are playing up.. I worry about everything.. and mostly for no good reason..

Been like this for as long as I can remember.. fine once I hit the road.. I think I'm just a worrier..

• Like Like x 10
  2. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

We have just returned from 3 weeks on the west coast. It was fabulous. Have a great time!

• Like Like x 1
  3. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

My mum gets nervous vbefore she goes somewhere almost to the point she could cry, shes a panicker and likes to be all prepared.

Relax, chill and enjoy your holiday.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

My wife is terrible before we go away.

I am terrible when we are away, worrying about work.:D

• Like Like x 7
  5. Debs

Debs Funster

Sounds lovely....I whittle about everything as well but by this age I've accepted that I am like that and don't worry about it....:ROFLMAO:

I just like to know I've got all bases covered

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zepp

Zepp Funster

The only thing I worry about is having to come back :D

• Like Like x 6
  7. etap

etap Funster

Whether you worry or not it doesn't make any difference so why bother to, although I appreciate there are worriers amongst us and not easy not to worry, just enjoy the adventure everything is going to be fine.
    Etap

• Like Like x 1
  8. big map

big map Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Can't say I have ever been nervous about heading for France in the van. There is always that bit of tension as you drive off the ferry or train and start driving on the right again though.

Can be a bit nerve-wracking when you find yourself driving along some narrow street with cars parked both sides.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Not a worrier me but Jan............now that's another story. I can guarantee that shortly after leaving for every trip she will say "do you know, I'm sure we have forgotten something". Well sometimes we have but mostly we haven't. It makes no difference either way (y)(y)
    Enjoy your holiday Jim.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scotjimland

I'm fine once I leave the house drive.. no worries about driving abroad.. I enjoy it.. wouldn't have done it for three years in a 36ft RV full time if I didn't..
    but sometimes I can't shake off that nervous feeling.. when I feel almost physical sick.. I know its daft and no reason to be worried.. have now got a nice 'manageable' van.. no worries about getting into aires etc..

roll on Thursday .. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. houdini

houdini Funster

I worry about most things,so particularly trips, mainly the MH width round the narrow lanes, hubby is the driver, so he's my hero. Try not to get like it but difficult to control, good job he is a laid back person. :clap: :happy:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Spidey

Spidey Funster

I worry prior to every holiday:(. Next weekend we are off on our first trip to Europe in the MH. Luckily I don't have to drive, but the hassle getting to Dover is worrying me as well. I try to plan as such as possible it makes me feel in control. Hoping the next time I will be more relaxed :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. rolandrat

rolandrat Funster

You will enjoy it Jim, the only thing that you will have to bear in mind is that it is the height of the continental holiday season and all the camp sites will be BUZZING. Fortunately there are many scattered about so you should be ok but it's an excuse for the owners to hike their camp site charges. Just be prepared to accept them or drive away.

• Like Like x 1
  15. scotjimland

plenty of experience of France, and in the height of the season.. comes with the territory of having a kids, and one still at school.. but never found it too busy..
    we will be using aires or municipal sites.. no fixed plan so very flexible about where we stop .. provided it's near the beach Chaz will be very happy..

• Like Like x 1
  16. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

No nerves here. We're off on Wednesday and I can't wait. I would go now if we didn't have to wait for school to finish on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  17. scotjimland

Likewise.. have to wait until Thursday..

I asked the school if Chaz could have the last three days off.. they are only doing fun stuff.. no lessons.. was told no, and if we took her out they would report us and we would be fined.. fine I said.. bollox to you too

• Like Like x 4
  18. autoswan

autoswan Funster

I know a few that worry about things all the time, I'm glad I don't do that. just worry about tish if or when it happens, your just wasting energy waiting maybe years before the next hassle comes along.
    We're on west coast now after landing in Cherbourg Wednesday and I would much rather drive around out here than back home and the fuel and stop over places are so cheap compared to rip off Britain !
    We put the form in to take our girl out of school a week early as they too were just doing fun stuff, no problem and she has done more history and language lessons here in 5 days here than she would back there.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  19. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I think the most nervous moment is when I drive off the ferry back in Dover at the end of our trip - it just seems odd to have to remember to drive on the left! Perhaps enhanced by the fact that the MH is LHD?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Are you sure you're not confusing 'worry' with 'excitement'?

• Like Like x 4