pre recorded telly programmes (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We have a good tv in the camper that works off 12 volt coupled up to a freeview box which is also 12 volt. When we go into Europe we pick up programmes for a while but eventually we are out of range of the satellite.

Now my question. Is there such a thing as a hard disc recorder that works off 12 volt that we can shove a ton of Judge Jude's on to and keep ourselves amused when the weather is bad?

The tv has a usb drive and hdmi. Suggestions very much appreciated.
thanks
bernard

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

Some FTA Sat boxes have a PVR USB slot on them so you can plug in a USB HDD or Flash Drive and record to that. Then, when out in the van you can play your recordings back. I am not sure but I think some Sky boxes have a USB slot but, I could be wrong!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We have a good tv in the camper that works off 12 volt coupled up to a freeview box which is also 12 volt. When we go into Europe we pick up programmes for a while but eventually we are out of range of the satellite.

Now my question. Is there such a thing as a hard disc recorder that works off 12 volt that we can shove a ton of Judge Jude's on to and keep ourselves amused when the weather is bad?

The tv has a usb drive and hdmi. Suggestions very much appreciated.
thanks
bernard

We use a Freeview recorder at home and then take the recorder with us when away, we have about 50 hours of recording to watch ready for next time.

It runs on 12 volt as does the TV but I prefer to use a a small inverter as the 12v can have a drop surge when things like the water pump kicks in which makes the 12v supply unstable.

Doug...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bernard I recently bought a HDMI Cyclone box
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/12036...tml?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:12036967|prd:12036967
on this you can just plug in a pen drive etc, with whatever you want to watch :thumb:
Easy to use :thumb: you can also plug a usb hard drive -640 gb for £60 (aldi )(This hard drive is USB powered so will work straight into your tv ) which will give you hours of TV films etc :thumb:
I use a 16 gb pen drive onto witch I usually stick DVIX box sets /films
terry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back