pre recorded telly programmes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bernardfeay, May 31, 2011.

1. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

We have a good tv in the camper that works off 12 volt coupled up to a freeview box which is also 12 volt. When we go into Europe we pick up programmes for a while but eventually we are out of range of the satellite.

Now my question. Is there such a thing as a hard disc recorder that works off 12 volt that we can shove a ton of Judge Jude's on to and keep ourselves amused when the weather is bad?

The tv has a usb drive and hdmi. Suggestions very much appreciated.
    thanks
    bernard

2. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Laptop.....?

3. 656

656 Read Only Funster

Hi

Some FTA Sat boxes have a PVR USB slot on them so you can plug in a USB HDD or Flash Drive and record to that. Then, when out in the van you can play your recordings back. I am not sure but I think some Sky boxes have a USB slot but, I could be wrong!:Rofl1:

4. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

We use a Freeview recorder at home and then take the recorder with us when away, we have about 50 hours of recording to watch ready for next time.

It runs on 12 volt as does the TV but I prefer to use a a small inverter as the 12v can have a drop surge when things like the water pump kicks in which makes the 12v supply unstable.

Doug...

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Bernard I recently bought a HDMI Cyclone box
    http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/12036...tml?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:12036967|prd:12036967
    on this you can just plug in a pen drive etc, with whatever you want to watch :thumb:
    Easy to use :thumb: you can also plug a usb hard drive -640 gb for £60 (aldi )(This hard drive is USB powered so will work straight into your tv ) which will give you hours of TV films etc :thumb:
    I use a 16 gb pen drive onto witch I usually stick DVIX box sets /films
    terry

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011