LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
they applied a rate of 1.1645, the actual Interbank rate at the time was 1.1647, pretty close methinks...:thumb:
::bigsmile:

Agreed, but it's not just the rate of exchange it's the other bits they manage to slip in on some CCs.

Conversion rates. ATM fees. Local coffee fund. Toilet paper. Interest.

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I pay it off in full each month, so I have not had to part with a penny yet for our tour, which started a month ago, so it's like an interest free loan, unlike prepay where they have your cash in their account before you spend it....:Angry:

This was one of the issues I wanted to find out about regarding the Clarity card. It seemed, from their website, that you could only set up a direct debit for a fixed amount monthly payment, whereas we always clear our credit cards in full automatically by D/D, whatever is outstanding. Does Halifax Clarity offer this facility do you know?

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
This was one of the issues I wanted to find out about regarding the Clarity card. It seemed, from their website, that you could only set up a direct debit for a fixed amount monthly payment, whereas we always clear our credit cards in full automatically by D/D, whatever is outstanding. Does Halifax Clarity offer this facility do you know?

Yes ours is set up to automatically pay off the full amount every month.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

My Halifax Clarity card gets paid off in full each month by D/D.:thumb:

I set it up a soon as I received the card........

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Agreed, but it's not just the rate of exchange it's the other bits they manage to slip in on some CCs.

Conversion rates. ATM fees. Local coffee fund. Toilet paper. Interest.

That's where the Halifax Clarity Mastercard is so good.

Proper Interbank conversion rate, no commissions, no interest charged as I pay off in full each month, no fee for ATM withdrawals, (you would of course pay interest on the cash withdrawal until paid off).:thumb:

But you have reminded me, we are down to the last roll of loo paper in the van, time for a stroll to Carrefour...... don't want to end up like Shifty did........:winky:

p.s. and pay for it with my Clarity Card......:RollEyes::winky:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That's where the Halifax Clarity Mastercard is so good.

Well if it's good enough for you!!

Went on line after I read your message and I've one on it's way right now. DD set up at the same time. Impressive service.

Thanks.

PS........

Don't tell a certain gentleman in Scotland, he'll only get upset.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well if it's good enough for you!!

Went on line after I read your message and I've one on it's way right now. DD set up at the same time. Impressive service.

Thanks.

Just don't tell Chockswahay..........:RollEyes::RollEyes:
He is apparently not quite as impressed......:winky::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back