pre-load card or just normal credit card for buying.... (1 Viewer)

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Also on an iPad this function does not work at all. I have spoken to them and they say it is because it is written for iPhone. The specific iPad app will be out soon, whenever that is.
Does that mean you can only use it with an iphone.
Lee

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Looks that way, plus android of course. Topped up £10 to open it and get card. Just topped up with £90, making a total of £100. But according to them my total shown is £190 and my bank is the Bank of Scotland, which it is not. Nothing has come out of the Bank card I used. So, for the moment, trouble abounds. Tomorrow I shall contact support.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Yes confirmed and you can choose where to withdraw it to. So I'm going to stick a wad on it now (y)
View attachment 81239

Okay - I have read this thread several times, and still trying to get my head round the info (thanks for all the helpful answers everyone:)

Now ......... I am booking to go on a tour of Morocco with a group. The tour organisers want to be paid in Euros...... so can I input their bank account details press the button and it will go to them?

And would it do the same on say the Fairfax card? Currently I have applied for the Fairfax and Weswap cards, but am I right in assuming I have to download the app onto my iPhone? I seem to have rubbish signal almost wherever I go with the Tesco phone card

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
As far as I can see all you need to do is select the currency required from your wallet and then select send. It then asks to load your contacts. You then select a contact the amount you want to send and then the method of sending which includes Whatsapp & SMS
image.png

Alternatively select the currency and select withdraw and fill in the sort code and account where you want it to go or whatever IBAN or BIC is I imagine International bank account number?
image.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Okay - I have read this thread several times, and still trying to get my head round the info (thanks for all the helpful answers everyone:)

Now ......... I am booking to go on a tour of Morocco with a group. The tour organisers want to be paid in Euros...... so can I input their bank account details press the button and it will go to them?

And would it do the same on say the Fairfax card? Currently I have applied for the Fairfax and Weswap cards, but am I right in assuming I have to download the app onto my iPhone? I seem to have rubbish signal almost wherever I go with the Tesco phone card

As far as I can see all you need to do is select the currency required from your wallet and then select send. It then asks to load your contacts. You then select a contact the amount you want to send and then the method of sending which includes Whatsapp & SMS
View attachment 83094

It's that simple if the person you are sending to is a Revolut user but there appears to be a little bit more to it if they aren't.

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 14.37.37.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since June 2012
When I try to exchange all I get is rate has expired try again and that's the same, try to withdraw money back to my account and I get we're sorry, something has gone wrong, please try again, all the time looks like I will send hours on the phone again tomorrow.
Lee

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
OK - I am now about to ask a series of 'idiot' questions so please be patient

Firstly I have downloaded WeSwap onto my anplemac. I do have iCloud storage so will I be able to use this from my phone?

Second. If I am attempting to pay someone for something do I try to use the 'card' which I understand will arrive, or the phone in some way. Or do I just arrange a transfer of funds and then withdraw the cash at a bank near to where I am

:( :( :(

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
oops ..... sorry ..... it is the same sort of thing as Revolut. It was on the moneysavirngexpert site with a £10 introductory bonus and zero fees. So far have got (I hope) Fairfax and WeSwap, but assume I need to download the iPhone app for Revolut which I am attempting to do now

the ones above I applied for via the anplemac and I assume all okay. ??? :(

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since June 2012
App now working on ipad just got 142.57 E
Lee

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
@dippingatoe - All the things (WeSwap, FX, Revolut) you mention are pre-paid currency cards. You get a plastic card (MasterCard or Visa) and a pin, just like your other Bank cards. You use the card in the same way as any other to pay for things instore, online or wherever, and you can withdraw cash at ATM's, usually without charge, unless the ATM owner charges.

What you've downloaded to your phone are apps for managing your card - i.e. loading with GBP's and changing to Euro's (or whatever) and any other account management things. Nothing to do with the Cloud. You connect to the app in the usual way, either through wifi (cheapest) or using your data allowance on your phone.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thank you Geejay - yes - its beginning to make more sense now :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Andy @Techno100 , I have been playing around with it for a few days now and have only just verified my identity, which of course it needs to do if you want to top up more than £1000 in any one YEAR.

So I managed to get 1.4293 on another £600 a few minutes ago, so now I have checked everything except receiving money.

Broken Link Removed

So my plan is that you send me £1000 or Euros and I promise I'll send it back..........:wink:

Brilliant App by the way, thank you very much for sharing it with us all........ Griff

Last edited:

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
@ Popeye "So my plan is that you send me £1000 or Euros"

...or you send me £1000 and I'll send you €1000 back.;)

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks for all the input everyone

I now have a Revolut account and have transferred my UK£ to Euros ( I think) so now I want to transfer funds to someone in Spain via a bank transfer, but I really can't see how to do that and can't find the answer on their help.

Any idea anyone ? :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for all the input everyone

I now have a Revolut account and have transferred my UK£ to Euros ( I think) so now I want to transfer funds to someone in Spain via a bank transfer, but I really can't see how to do that and can't find the answer on their help.

Any idea anyone ? :)

You can't use Revolut to make a direct transfer to someone elses bank account.

If the person you are sending to is a Revolut user it will be instant and appear in their account. If they aren't then when you enter their contact details in the app they will get a message via whatever method you choose giving them instructions on how to complete the process and retrieve the funds.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I haven't done it but there are 2 ways from what I can work out. If the recipient is also a member of Revolut it will go onto their card account, otherwise they have to enter their bank a/c details and it gets transferred there.

There's a demo on the app. Touch Send at the bottom of the screen then at the top there's a demo which you can see by touching "Like this". You can follow it through to get an idea of how it works.

When you do a send your contacts will come up so select the person, or hit the + sign at the top of the screen and add someone. Change the send Currency to Euros (if that's what you're sending) and enter the amount. Then you can send them a notification by SMS, Email etc which is on the next page.

I think when they get the email or sms etc they follow the link to a website then they can choose to join Revolut for an instant transfer or they have to enter their bank details including the IBAN etc.

You can always phone Revolut for advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back