Jan 7, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Pure Sine Invertor

Sorry to but in on this thread but I need some advice, again ...

We just bought our old girl and she came with a Power inverter. The guy we bought the m/h from said that he bought it from Ebay but had never used it.

It looks pretty old and I am not able to find one anywhere that looks like it.

It weights a ton, has a beige outer casing. On the front it has written Power Invertor, a wave simple followed by the words Pure Sine Inverter. From reading the other posts I take this to mean it is a Pure wave sine invertor.

My problem is it has no manual and it has no other indication as to what it is like voltage etc. It has 2 x 3 pin square plugs in front along with various indicators for overload, underload, overheat etc.

Does anyone else have one that sounds similar. I want to run my laptop off it and charge my phone.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If it weighs a ton its probably quite high powered, 2-3Kw. The voltage will be 230v as it has square pins, and the rating should be on it somewhere.
The thing is a large inverter will be pretty inefficient running a titchy load like a laptop, though it will work, but take more from your batteries than a 12v adaptor or a small inverter will.

treasuredgiftsuk

Free Member
Jan 7, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
If it weighs a ton its probably quite high powered, 2-3Kw. The voltage will be 230v as it has square pins, and the rating should be on it somewhere.
The thing is a large inverter will be pretty inefficient running a titchy load like a laptop, though it will work, but take more from your batteries than a 12v adaptor or a small inverter will.

OK right. It probably weighs around 15kg which is a ton to me but maybe not to a man. There is absolutely nothing else on it no rating. Have looked at all sides and top and bottom. No manufacturers name, nada, zilch, zero, nothing. Really annoying as it is impossible to research.

Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back