pounds to euros--when???? (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
market here is having a hissy fit ..of course
wait a bit until they get over it

you think the euro will go UP at the moment ????

here is what the pro's think!
Link Removed

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Best time to change was yesterday... Crown Currency were offering 1.19, today it was 1.14 (although I see its now 1.177) I'd wait till it settles down a bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Soooo......we wait till the Athens style riots (groups forming on facebook now) kick of when the Tories get in.......and the rate will then improve?:ROFLMAO:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
there is no such thing as bankrate
banks give you what they want on the day , less their percentage of course
no commission ? what a joke

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
there is no such thing as bankrate
banks give you what they want on the day , less their percentage of course
no commission ? what a joke

The flexaccount gives by far the best rate, usually a few cents to the pound more than any currency exchange, so although they will make money they give you a far better rate. Plus you only take out the cash you need, free of charges from many cashpoints in europe.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
far better rate than who ?
I looked into this during the winter , and they were taking 2% from middle money market rate

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Better than any of the travel money providers. I also use the nationwide credit card abroad, for which I have an example....
So today the median ask rate is 1.158 Euro to the £
The best rate from travel money providers if you don'twant to pay a delivery charge is 1.124 Euro to the £

This is a difference of 3.4 cent to the £

My last statement for credit card use shows that on 13/4 I got an exchange rate of 1.130 euro to the £
On this day the median ask rate was 1.132

That was only a difference of 0.2 cent to the £.

So basically using nationwide give me a rate that is almost the median ask rate for the day and around 3.2 cent to the £ better than the best of the travel money providers, without and fuss.

That's just my experience. Only use Nationwide flex acc and credit card abroad now and have done for quite a while.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Re the Nationwide flex account - I looked into this recently as I wanted to get the debit card but unfortunately unless I was willing to deposit a load of dosh into a savings account with a low interest rate, or have my salary paid in, it was no go. :shout:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Better than any of the travel money providers. I also use the nationwide credit card abroad, for which I have an example....
So today the median ask rate is 1.158 Euro to the £
The best rate from travel money providers if you don'twant to pay a delivery charge is 1.124 Euro to the £

This is a difference of 3.4 cent to the £

My last statement for credit card use shows that on 13/4 I got an exchange rate of 1.130 euro to the £
On this day the median ask rate was 1.132

That was only a difference of 0.2 cent to the £.

So basically using nationwide give me a rate that is almost the median ask rate for the day and around 3.2 cent to the £ better than the best of the travel money providers, without and fuss.

That's just my experience. Only use Nationwide flex acc and credit card abroad now and have done for quite a while.

way to go!...it really is a no brainer! :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back