Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
i can't help but notice that all the exchange rate windows show typically rates of £1= 1.13 euros for a sell rate and £1=1.22 euros for a buy rate.

Surely there must be a lot of visitors from Europe who would love to swap their euros at 1.17 just as much I would love to buy them at that rate.

I can understand all the scare mongering that there might be forgeries but we all handle notes in our everyday lives.

I don't like the fact that a bank gets 5% of my holiday money for doing as close to sod all as makes no difference. Is there a solution?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Post Office....

rates may be slightly different but no charges to buy or sell back to them.

currently 2.5 cents less per £ (1.1044) but no charges means its the equivilent of 2.5 euro less per £100....not the 5 euro per £100 you quote.
already in front by 2.5 euro

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
i can't help but notice that all the exchange rate windows show typically rates of £1= 1.13 euros for a sell rate and £1=1.22 euros for a buy rate.

Surely there must be a lot of visitors from Europe who would love to swap their euros at 1.17 just as much I would love to buy them at that rate.

I can understand all the scare mongering that there might be forgeries but we all handle notes in our everyday lives.

I don't like the fact that a bank gets 5% of my holiday money for doing as close to sod all as makes no difference. Is there a solution?

I'll be coming to england in august ..... where will you be? when do you want to get your euros? May be we could swap:winky: not a bad idea!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'll be coming to england in august ..... where will you be? when do you want to get your euros? May be we could swap:winky: not a bad idea!

Amicalement

a friend of mine does that on his frequent trips to south africa.

he takes £ and sells to a local friend for rand, at the current african exchange rate.
he in turn sells the £ on to friends visiting england.

cuts out the middle men and gets a better rate.

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017

Amicalement

Bonjour Frankie,

We are departing Portsmouth for Le Havre on 21 Aout. Would love to swap Pounds for Euros at mid-rate. Let me know & we can meet up.

Cheers

Billkce:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back