Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Just tried to add a review to the Spain section...unsuccessfully ! Having clicked "Submit", received message along the lines " unable to transfer file ....etc,etc" . Do photo uploads have size limitations set ? Is format of photos jpeg ?
Perhaps a moderator can reply.

regards, bryandh

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Yes there are size limits on photo`s..

Blowed if I can remember what they are ....:RollEyes:

Jim will no doubt be along some time to put you right.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Here you go Bryan.. :thumb:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/how/16069-resize-your-pictures-albums-forum.html

Dont think that worked...

If you go to "Search" (next to new posts at the top)

And type in "Resizing"....... it will bring a page up and towards the bottom is Jim`s explanation on how to do it.. :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I`ll try a copy & Paste =

Resize Your Pictures for the Albums and Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people usually take their images at the highest resolution that their camera can manage. These days that can mean that images are massive anywhere between 3 and 21mb. This is great to get the best possible image for printing, But it is no good for motorhomeFun - Why ?

Large images take a huge amount of time in both uploading and downloading. They also take valuable space on our server. That costs us money
Large images suck on our bandwidth. This can cost us more money and may well cost Funsters money when they download them, especially if they are on a dongle or internet cafe.
Dongle users often have a fixed download allowance and large pictures can steal it.
Large images reduce disk space and can make the Fun server slooooowwww.
There is absolutely no benefit to anyone if pictures are over a maximum of 1024 pixels wide by 800 pixels high. larger images fill the screen and you cannot see all the picture at once.

Before you upload pictures to the Forums or your Albums you MUST resize them.

RESIZE Using WINDOWS XP

Using the Image Microsoft Resizer Download it from here and install it. (You will find it half way down the page on the right. Just below powercalc.

Once installed, it couldn't be easier, All you need do then is right click any image and choose resize. Choose the size you need and a duplicate of you picture will be made at the dimensions you chose.

RESIZE Using WINDOWS VISTA

Under Vista, the easiest way to generate a smaller, resized image is the following:

1. Double-click image to open in default Vista image viewer (Windows Photo Gallery)
2. Click the "E-mail" toolbar icon.
3. Pick a size and click OK.

You don't have to send the email to yourself Just right click the attachment in the new email and choose "Save As." Save it to a folder and you now you have a smaller version of the large image

RESIZE ONLINE

As a last resort (because you will need to upload your large file) go to Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!.

Follow the simple instructions and have your file made to any size you like.

Please do share your photos with us, but do take a few minutes to resize them. This will benefit everyone

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Oh well! Have uploaded a review of Camping El Saler, Valencia, but in spite of reducing pic size to 512x384 (118kb) unable to load them with review, maybe they need to be even smaller. Perhaps if Jim is "passing by" he will advise.

Broken Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Bryandh, sorry you are having problems. I will investigate this over the weekend and get back to you.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just tried to add a review to the Spain section...unsuccessfully ! Having clicked "Submit", received message along the lines " unable to transfer file ....etc,etc" . Do photo uploads have size limitations set ? Is format of photos jpeg ?
Perhaps a moderator can reply.

regards, bryandh

Well a good written review, most informative, hopefully the pics will appear when the gremlins are sorted. Thanks .....Griff

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Oh well! Have uploaded a review of Camping El Saler, Valencia, but in spite of reducing pic size to 512x384 (118kb) unable to load them with review, maybe they need to be even smaller. Perhaps if Jim is "passing by" he will advise.

Broken Link Removed

I got it this morning..no piccies tho.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Bryandh, sorry you are having problems. I will investigate this over the weekend and get back to you.

Hi Jim, just tried to upload pics to my review...no joy. Guess you were unable fix the problem.

This is the message I receive when upload fails...... maybe it will help track problem.

Unable to move file [/tmp/phpLfZlhv] [/home/default/motorhomefun.co.uk/user/htdocs/reviews/data/71/IMGP3474a.jpg]

Pic size as above prior post.

Regards, Bryan

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bryan, I saw a clue in that path you just posted, please try again and see what happens, Thanks

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Bryan, I saw a clue in that path you just posted, please try again and see what happens, Thanks

Nope. no joy Jim, see message below don't know if it is the same ...... or just similar:Smile:

Unable to move file [/tmp/phpCKlLdS] [/home/vhosts/motorhomefun.co.uk/httpdocs/reviews/data/71/IMGP3474a.jpg]

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp