Post in wrong Section?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by grin factor, Jul 10, 2013.

1. grin factor

grin factor Read Only Funster

I posted a thread yesterday about an autotrail I was looking at as the speedo was in kph & the engine, for a 2.8 felt a bit flat.
    I had hoped for a bit of help & advice, as the "subscribing pitch" said thats what is provided, but nothing so far.
    Maybe I'm expecting too much, or this is not he forum for me?

2. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Some times in a busy period the post moves off the bottom of the page before any one can help !
    I will bump it up for you !!!:Cool:

3. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

Hey fella, relax.

We are all keen motorhomers, and help when and where we can. It is very rare not to get a response, and I for one did not spot your post.

Try bumping it and see if that helps.:thumb:

4. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

I'm confused, you had 3 replies yesterday to your original post. :Smile:

5. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Quote from your post......."well impressed !"

6. cranky

cranky Funster

I can only speak for myself and the fact is I dont look at the forum every day and I certainly dont check every post. Even when I do It is not often I can help as I dont tend to give advice unless I am sure of my facts.
    What I do know is that this forum has some very informed, helpful,friendly members, not to mention quite a few nutcases:BigGrin: so be patient not sarcastic, and someone will be along to guide you.
    Now to the question. I know nothing about the vehicle you mention but have owned a ducato based coachbuilt with the 2.8 engine. Mine was fine (for me) all I can say is if you are not happy, walk away, there are thousands of motorhomes out there and you, as the buyer are "in the driving seat" see what I did there!!
    Most people will agree that the 2.8 fiat engine is a fine motor so unless its been really neglected it should be fine. You didn't mention if it is turbo or not cos if it isnt then it will feel gutless..
    That is the best I can do.
    Good luck.
    C

• Like Like x 2
  7. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome it's unusual not to get a reply wherever you post, I can only assume all the funsters were out enjoying the sun while it lasted :BigGrin:try answering your own post that puts it back to the top where someone will pick up on your question
    Terry

8. Terry

Terry Funster

HiGF further to mylast post you say kph , you may have to fit a mph speedo.The 2.8 should pull like a train but bare in mind you will be running close to the 3.5 t limit all the time so it may not feel as fast as a empty van
    Terry

9. grin factor

grin factor Read Only Funster

A genuine thanks for the replies. The sarcasm was probably due to the fact that we are keen to get a MH and wanted to make our minds up asap on this one. As it stands we have given it a lot of thought, and it doesn't feel right, so not this time.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  10. cranky

cranky Funster

You may want to try hiring one for a week or two.The best way to find out what you want/need or not is to live in it ! Above all. Keep Grinnin'!!:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  11. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Much better to think "it might have worked" than "what the hell are we going to do with this pile of poo".

You are buying a tiny home on wheels, it's not a trivial exercise. Full of compromises, get them wrong and you be just plain miserable in it.

Think cooking a good meal. Think of pouring rain and freezing cold. Will it cope ?

• Like Like x 2