Possible trip to Croatia..summer time (1 Viewer)

JillandPhil

Free Member
Jun 4, 2011
Telford
Funster No
MH
Eldiss
Exp
Started 2009
We are contemplating a trip of 3 weeks to Croatia from End of May into early June to cover the bank holidays.
We have traveled a fair bit in Europe, using the wonderful French aires and German stellaplatz and last year went down to Greece for 3 weeks over Easter, and wondered if anyone has advice on Croatia, or would like to join us?
Jill & Phil :Smile:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. I went down through Croatia last September, nice trip and I may do simular in September this year. No real problems, I did avoid the coastal road through Bosnia and used the ferry from Ploce to Trpanj instead (no insurance for Bosnia). A few of my photo's from the trip are at :-

Broken Link Removed

Nice area. :thumb::thumb:

mr moo

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
VW van conversion
Exp
on & off for some time!
we are looking to head that way june time, via germany, austria, slovenia then onto croatia sailing from hull, well that's the plan at the moment. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are returning there this year.. Probably go to Split again as Dubrovnik, whilst historically fantastic and the town is a wonderful place to wander round, was quite expensive to stay at on camp sites ( and you do NOT wild camp in Croatia .. at least you don't if you want to avoid interfacing with the police ! )
The people are wonderful, the scenery fabulous, and we had not one issue with anything at all.

We use DFDS, and like others go across Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia and Bosnia.

You are only in Bosnia for a few miles ,,, I would suggest you get a green card from your insurers as we were warned the Bosnian border control can be a bit funny sometimes.. Oh, ,,, do not take pictures of the Bosnian border control.. they get the right hump !
On the other side of the coin, take a picture as you enter Croatia and the guards will pose for you and tell you to put them on facebook !! :ROFLMAO:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We travelled down through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, back through Italy,Germany & France, not one bit of trouble, would love to go back again, mind you it was in 2002, and only had 3 weeks. Great place to go:thumb:

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are contemplating a trip of 3 weeks to Croatia from End of May into early June to cover the bank holidays.
We have traveled a fair bit in Europe, using the wonderful French aires and German stellaplatz and last year went down to Greece for 3 weeks over Easter, and wondered if anyone has advice on Croatia, or would like to join us?
Jill & Phil :Smile:

We are looking to do the same trip first two weeks in June, heading for Istria and using the route already described. Looks beautiful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Google Selena laguna, Hum (smallest city in the world), Limski Canal, Rovinj, and have fun:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back