Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Seahouses Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
My wife seems to remember reeding, but can't remember where, that Listerine and Steradent can stain your wash hand basin and sink. As I use both products and have no wish to damage our newly acquired motorhome I wondered if anyone had any knowledge of this happening and if so is there a "cure" if it does happen? ::bigsmile: This is the smile that I get from using the two products!

Sorry if the subject has already been covered but I couldn't find it by doing a search.

Regards

Craig

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sorry Dear, Dear Boy, but I must concur, however all is not lost, pick you Mouthwash colour to match your Decor , Blue Towels, Blue Mouthwash Etc Etc!

Standards Dear, Dear Boy, Standards! One must! Good of the EMPIRE etc etc

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
both contain bleaching agents so any damage would not be reversible. better to avoid the problem by thouroughly washing the sink after use with plenty of water, which of course you would do anyway for hygiene reasons

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
mouthwash has caused almost like a blistering of our bathroom sink especially in the splashes.

i would recommend filling the sink with water before and a good rinsing after use.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I make sure the cold water is running whilst using the mouthwash to minimise any staining. Haven't quite got to the Steradent stage yet.........:roflmto:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I take you cannot take your teeth out and set aside in a glass of the stuff just like my nan.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I make sure the cold water is running whilst using the mouthwash to minimise any staining. Haven't quite got to the Steradent stage yet.........:roflmto:

Well blokes may well not have any jewellery, but gurls do, gets the crud out of the stone settings a treat.

Wot else would anyone use it for? :whatthe:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I should say incidentally, that I always pour it straight down the plug'ole, theres always plenty of water goes down after, cos well, errr, if it's chemically stuff, you wouldn't want to put your - errrr - earrings !! - back through yer lobes and risk getting irritation, would you, so you do tend to rinse your, errr, jewellery, very well indeed..

Cough.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi Craig, your post reminds me of a few problems I have had with these products over the years. We are not in the Sterident stage yet but the mouthwash is a disaster, god knows what it does to our insides. My main damage was caused when I draped the shower head / extension over the sink during a winter a few years ago. After a few weeks the sink had cracked to the shape of the head and was caused by a reaction of plastics, be warned. To cure the teeth overnight I leave the wife's outside in a bucket (Ha Ha).

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Did you know Listerine was originally sold as floor cleaner? And a cure for gonorrhoea? but didn't really take off until re-branded as the answer to chronic halitosis. ::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I remember years back when my in-laws used to visit us! When I was doing a quick clean around their bathroom I remember wondering what was inside a small coloured plastic box that I noticed on the side, but had never dared to look before :RollEyes:
I decided to have a quick peep and was slightly shocked to see a spare pair of false teeth staring up at me:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe: They almost looked menacing, I wasn't expecting to see them:roflmto:
Margaret

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Craig, your post reminds me of a few problems I have had with these products over the years. We are not in the Sterident stage yet but the mouthwash is a disaster, god knows what it does to our insides. My main damage was caused when I draped the shower head / extension over the sink during a winter a few years ago. After a few weeks the sink had cracked to the shape of the head and was caused by a reaction of plastics, be warned. To cure the teeth overnight I leave the wife's outside in a bucket (Ha Ha).

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: Hope she doesn't read this post:winky:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
It could have been worse, you could have found your MiL's 'Dutch' cap ..... :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back