Rally Chat Possible Christmas meet 2017 any interest ? (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
After a fantastic New Year Meet at Shrewsbury Showground .Wondering about a possible Christmas meet there . Yes I no its a long way of now ;) BUT Would there be any interest ? Say from 22nd Dec to 27 Dec ? Don't have to do all of them . £15 a night ehu , use of a warm room, possible use of kitchen so could between us could come up with somthing ? Just testing water so to speak
Regards Kate & Bill X

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Kate

Nice idea and will suit some people I am sure but not us as we have family things to do "up North" before heading to Shrewsbury for New Year.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry Kath,

It's not a return journey we would make twice, in such a short space of time. :( However, if we were in the area at the time, and could spread ourselves out between the two meets, that would be different.

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
There is also a Christmas fair at the Showground the first weekend of December so if not enough interest in the Christmas weekend there could be an earlier one organised like a tinsel and turkey weekend without the Turkey lol then again weatherspoons do Chritmas meals I think X just another thought ;) .

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Wouldn't do the Christmas one Kate but a month before it would be nice to meet up for a few nights for a Turkey and Tinsel. Best dressed fairy competition, for the men of course. Prize for the biggest wand, and the frilliest knickers.

Put us on the list if you start one. ( Malc's already talking about a tu tu )

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Wouldn't do the Christmas one Kate but a month before it would be nice to meet up for a few nights for a Turkey and Tinsel. Best dressed fairy competition, for the men of course. Prize for the biggest wand, and the frilliest knickers.

Put us on the list if you start one. ( Malc's already talking about a tu tu )
I still haven't got over Malc being the spiv at the war meet.:)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
There is also a Christmas fair at the Showground the first weekend of December so if not enough interest in the Christmas weekend there could be an earlier one organised like a tinsel and turkey weekend without the Turkey lol then again weatherspoons do Chritmas meals I think X just another thought ;) .
We like the sound of that Kate.
Put us on the list.:)

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hurry up there's only 346 days to go.
And people are whinging about Easter Eggs being in the shops.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
images (3).jpg

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Yes ,much prefer this sort of meet, as long as Malc doesn't wear a tu tu with his floral shirts:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not for xmas itself as like to be home, so Santa knows where to find us. !!!!

Late November or Early -mid December would be ok and then it could be combined with a pre-xmas shopping trip. (y)
Even get into Wolverhampton and Birmingham from the railway station (if anyone really wanted to. lol)

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not for xmas itself as like to be home, so Santa knows where to find us. !!!!

Late November or Early -mid December would be ok and then it could be combined with a pre-xmas shopping trip. (y)
Even get into Wolverhampton and Birmingham from Telford railway station (if anyone really wanted to. lol)
I think you can get most places from Shrewsbury station and it's only a walk from the site, I know we went to Ludlow and it was a nice trip.

Martin

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I shall be visiting Jan on site at Shrewsbury Showground along with Janine on Wednesday to have a look where she would be able to put us and have a chat about other meets as there are lots of things happening on the Showground for 2017 . Bonfire weekend has been mentioned which I think would make be a great meet to . So will let you know how we get on

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Kate

I guess that the Christmas meet would be a fairly small and exclusive affair, do you think that a "full sit down" would be the order of the day.

Martin

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate

I guess that the Christmas meet would be a fairly small and exclusive affair, do you think that a "full sit down" would be the order of the day.

Martin

Yes Martin was thinking on those lines if we were there Christmas Eve ,day + Boxing Day if Funsters wanted that . But think there is more interest now at the beginning of December for a tinsel turkey weekend . There is a Christmas fair at the Showground plus Shrewsbury for Xmas shopping that could be good . When I visit Wednesday I will be asking where we would be camped as the Christmas fair being there we may not be by the room so sussing it get out at min plus downside is the river if it floods :( .
Thanks Martin X

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes Martin was thinking on those lines if we were there Christmas Eve ,day + Boxing Day if Funsters wanted that . But think there is more interest now at the beginning of December for a tinsel turkey weekend . There is a Christmas fair at the Showground plus Shrewsbury for Xmas shopping that could be good . When I visit Wednesday I will be asking where we would be camped as the Christmas fair being there we may not be by the room so sussing it get out at min plus downside is the river if it floods :( .
Thanks Martin X

It's OK...... I HAVE AN AUTOTRAIL... (y)(y)

THEY ARE USED TO WATER :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Second maybe to a Swift,,,, :doh:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Martin X
What river? Is there a river? OK OK if it floods you would be safe higher up the site where popeye and mousy were at New Year, if you lost the room it would be wellies on and go to Wetherspoons!

Martin

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I'd love to come, but I need to be here in the sun to send Amber the silly photos of our Xmas outfits.

Sorry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back