Positioning Of Fiat Ducato Waste Waterpipe (1 Viewer)

weenie

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato motorhome
Exp
1year
Does anyone else have a problem when they are trying to empty the water from a Fiat Ducato motorhome? its tucked just behind the rear wheel and its almost impossible to get the motorhome over a drain before opening the tap. has anyone come up with away of attaching something to this to make it easier? We were going to try a length of hose but cant find a way of attaching it to the drain outlet.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Martin fixed an extension on to ours using flexi-pipe and jubilee clips. If it wasn't raining I would go and take a photo. The trick is getting the same diameter flexi-pipe.... he just happened to have some from the built in vacuum cleaner that was just the right size. Sorry but we don't have any left :( He says that maybe radiator hose might do the job.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I think it depends on the Motorhome rather than the base vehicle. A friend of mine with a Ducato has a drain just behind the drivers door. (I think it's an Autotrail)
Ours is a Chausson and the drain is accessed from just below the rear boot access. It's not too difficult but I also have an old vacuum cleaner hose which means I don't have to park directly over a drain. We have a range of fittings and hoses from the pond sections of garden centres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

weenie

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato motorhome
Exp
1year
Thanks for these helpful hints I raid the cupboard under the stairs tomorrow and see if I can find some old vac hose!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back