Positioning Of Fiat Ducato Waste Waterpipe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by weenie, May 3, 2015.

1. weenie

weenie Read Only Funster

Does anyone else have a problem when they are trying to empty the water from a Fiat Ducato motorhome? its tucked just behind the rear wheel and its almost impossible to get the motorhome over a drain before opening the tap. has anyone come up with away of attaching something to this to make it easier? We were going to try a length of hose but cant find a way of attaching it to the drain outlet.

2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Martin fixed an extension on to ours using flexi-pipe and jubilee clips. If it wasn't raining I would go and take a photo. The trick is getting the same diameter flexi-pipe.... he just happened to have some from the built in vacuum cleaner that was just the right size. Sorry but we don't have any left :( He says that maybe radiator hose might do the job.

3. brynric

brynric Funster

I think it depends on the Motorhome rather than the base vehicle. A friend of mine with a Ducato has a drain just behind the drivers door. (I think it's an Autotrail)
    Ours is a Chausson and the drain is accessed from just below the rear boot access. It's not too difficult but I also have an old vacuum cleaner hose which means I don't have to park directly over a drain. We have a range of fittings and hoses from the pond sections of garden centres.

4. weenie

weenie Read Only Funster

Thanks for these helpful hints I raid the cupboard under the stairs tomorrow and see if I can find some old vac hose!!