Position Plotting

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by billkce, Sep 21, 2010.

1. billkce

billkce Funster

Hi

As we travel around Europe I would like to plot our journey on a map with each stop shown, Does anyone know of a programme or website that will allow me to do this?

Thanks

Billkce

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Yes I agree with Jim, a Google map is the way to go. You can keep this map private just for family and friends, or open it up to the world. You can add notes and photos. Of course you'll need to be online to do this so you might have to save a few entires up if you are away from the internet.

Google will need you to sign up and get an email address, before you can make your maps, but their email is good too, so its a win-win:Smile:

4. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Billkce, do you have a satnav?

My Garmin records Tracks, which are exactly what you would need on an ongoing journey. Our recent French trip was recorded this way, and downloaded once we returned home. It's good to know EXACTLY where you've been, and as my Quest works on foot, on bicycle and in the MH, every part of our journey was recorded..........................except when I forgot to take it out one day on a bike ride............:Blush:......oh boy, did I get some grief over that.

"Honestly darling, the bridge is just around the corner"
    9 kms later..................................................................ooops