Tony Russell

Free Member
May 10, 2014
Chatham
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
I am taking 2 months off work and intending to go to portugal, has anybody got some 5 star destinations that they will recomend, by the sea will be good ( not bustling with fruit machines and candy floss) but forest mountains and lakes will be just fine too.

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Senhora de rocha

Just out here at the moment beautiful place without MH but have seen a few motor homers parked up beside lords bar and restaurant nt very commercial at all beautiful views little coves fishing boats etc
There is a nice. Ild camping area enough for 4 or 5 mhs
Or I am told there is a camping park with facilities at Amaracao de Pera a couple of miles over towards albafuera
Off the en 125:Smile::Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am taking 2 months off work and intending to go to portugal, has anybody got some 5 star destinations that they will recomend, by the sea will be good [HI]( not bustling with fruit machines and candy floss[/HI]) but forest mountains and lakes will be just fine too.

I do hope you are not confusing Portugal with the Brit infested, east coast of Spain!

The only place you will get anything like that here is in the Algarve... and even there there are beautiful, peaceful coves and beaches.

Portugal has lots and lots of coastline to spread amongst it's small population and inland it has many quiet lakes which have been formed by the extensive dam driven, hydro-electric network.

The country is littered with Castles, monestries and churches.

The Romans were here for yonks and there are some of the best ruins in Europe here?

The university at Coimbra is arguably the oldest in Europe (I believe it was linked with the university of Salamanca) and the library is unbelievable.

And if you want to keep busy I know somewhere you can do lots of strimming, pruning and track building!

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I do hope you are not confusing Portugal with the Brit infested, east coast of Spain!

The only place you will get anything like that here is in the Algarve... and even there there are beautiful, peaceful coves and beaches.

Portugal has lots and lots of coastline to spread amongst it's small population and inland it has many quiet lakes which have been formed by the extensive dam driven, hydro-electric network.

The country is littered with Castles, monestries and churches.

The Romans were here for yonks and there are [HI]some of the best ruins in Europe here?[/HI]

The university at Coimbra is arguably the oldest in Europe (I believe it was

linked with the university of Salamanca) and the library is unbelievable.

And if you want to keep busy I know somewhere you can do lots of strimming, pruning and track building!

JJ :Cool:

[HI]I though you looked very fit and well in Zahora JJ ::bigsmile::winky:
[/HI]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back