Portugal?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Volusia, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Volusia

Volusia

Living in central France we like to go South for the winter to find sunshine!

For the last two years we have rented a house in Spain but now we have the motorhome we are hoping to be more adventurous this winter:RollEyes: we are planning to drive through Portugal to the Algarve, then to Southern Spain (we'd like to visit Gibraltar as well) then back up along the Spanish coast to France.

We normally set off after Christmas and return mid February but we don't really have any time limits as long as we are enjoying ourselves:BigGrin:

So ...... We have done Spain, well some of it, and I had caravan and tent holidays there for many years mainly during the '70s till the '90s so I know a bit about camp sites there as they were then, but nothing at all about motorhome sites.

But Portugal is an unknown quantity.

Has anyone got any tips? Winter weather? Places to visit? People and food? Shopping? Anything to help us make a decision.

You have all been so helpful and welcoming I know that you will have a wealth of knowledge for us!

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Beware of Magicians bearing gifts

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013