Portugal - Camp sites & Aires (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Popping into Portugal shortly for a few weeks before heading off to the meet at Marjal, limiting our visit to the Algarve, Faro/Lagos/Cap St Vincent area. Any recommendations for Camp sites or Aires around these locations welcomed as we are first time visitors by MH.

Regards, Bryan

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Can't really help with camp sites as I don't use them but there are many places where you can stay in your motorhome along the Algarve. The first place is indeed an "aire" of sorts which is Castro Marim where they have a "service" point... fresh water and a grey and black water dump... I use it in the Hymer because it has a black water holding tank and Castro is one of the places where I can empty it easily.

Near by is Vila Real where many, many motorhomes stay for varying lengths of time. The big attraction is the free wi-fi there if you are in the right area.

Portimao has a very popular half "off-site" and half official park by the marina. €2 a night and €1.50 for a fill up of water. No facilities other than some where to empty cassettes and your grey water.

Silves is a beautiful town and welcomes motorhomes in the off season... follow signs to the swimming pool and you will see campers there. Cassette emptying and a place to get water (slowly) (a drinking fountain) and wi-fi near the main building. A big supermarket is a stroll away...

...and so on and so on all along the coast. Some places have stopped motorhomers during the high season but in the winter I and many others have stayed a few days here and there without hassle.

I am sure after a few days "hanging out" and chatting with other motorhomers you will find all the sites/stopping places/aires you need!

and don't forget the Chicken Run Campsite... Andrew is a Funster...

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Many thanks JJ....just the type of info we need.

Regards, Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back