LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Have a great trip mr and Mrs Bolt. We are currently sat at Portsmouth waiting to board the ferry to Santander. It's still raining in Blighty so we can't wait to get down to Morocco for some good reliable sun.

Yes but in Marroc you aren't allowed to get your bits tanned haha. Enjoy

Apr 8, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3 years
Have been in Portimao for last 5 days. Bit disappointing really. Overcast the whole time. No sun. Rained all day today.
Alan

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Are you just tramping through to get the Tangier Med. Ferry or having a gentle saunter through Spain

We will mosy across from Castro Marim to Portimao and whenever we get there it will be feet up for a while. Thinking of having it as a base but going away to places on the Atlantic Coast or baragems if weather allows. I like to get a decent tan but also a bit of quiet time.
We would both really enjoy meeting up if you are still about.

We are camping at Camperstop Messines, bit out of the way, but we love it here, lovely place in the trees, not all pristine, more natural, no leccy though, we have plenty of solar. We have hired a car this year so that we can set up camp, get the wood stove going to cook on, get the chairs out that we carry, but can't get out when wilding, we can explore the Algarve and know that we have a place to stay without being moved on. Hopefully be more relaxing. Have been here a fortnight but not set up camp yet as been to a few parties over the festive period at friends place, only got car yesterday. Got car for 2 months at a very reasonable price, even one that us FLT's (free loading travellers) are prepared to pay.

We pay less than £3.50/night here as we booked for a month at a time, there are goods loos and showers, dump point, and wifi in that price.

Wherever you decide to stay, we can always come out to visit in the car.

Have a safe journey, hopefully see you soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Have been in Portimao for last 5 days. Bit disappointing really. Overcast the whole time. No sun. Rained all day today.
Alan

But have you looked at the forecast for next week? You have to expect some rain, it is their winter after all. But it is not cold though.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
We are camping at Camperstop Messines, bit out of the way, but we love it here, lovely place in the trees, not all pristine, more natural, no leccy though, we have plenty of solar. We have hired a car this year so that we can set up camp, get the wood stove going to cook on, get the chairs out that we carry, but can't get out when wilding, we can explore the Algarve and know that we have a place to stay without being moved on. Hopefully be more relaxing. Have been here a fortnight but not set up camp yet as been to a few parties over the festive period at friends place, only got car yesterday. Got car for 2 months at a very reasonable price, even one that us FLT's (free loading travellers) are prepared to pay.

We pay less than £3.50/night here as we booked for a month at a time, there are goods loos and showers, dump point, and wifi in that price.

Is that andys place he Is dutch I think

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for that. Unfortunately due to our recent outgoings we are likely to be eating back at the van tonight.

Currently holed up in bar 'le Glacier' the ground is wet but it isn't cold. The beer is cold and a bit cheaper than the rosé. Not sure if the new chest fridge/freezer in the boot was my best idea. Not yet sure how long I (batteries) will last without recharging. At present I intend to drive each day until the sun starts to help out or we get a couple of buckets of electricity.
We are about 45km from Fougeres in the direction of Mayenne.
You're more than welcome to come over and plug in for some power if you need it, we've plenty of space.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Yes but in Marroc you aren't allowed to get your bits tanned haha. Enjoy

True, true.

But we know a couple of funsters who did have their " bits" lathered, pummelled and scrubbed......... On at least one occasion in Morocco!!:rofl:
By all accounts they were well "tanned"..... their bits that is!

Nice to see the Bolts back on the road.... Enjoy!

Bryan and Anna (Co-Pilot)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
True, true.

But we know a couple of funsters who did have their " bits" lathered, pummelled and scrubbed......... On at least one occasion in Morocco!!:rofl:
By all accounts they were well "tanned"..... their bits that is!

Nice to see the Bolts back on the road.... Enjoy!

Bryan and Anna (Co-Pilot)
And there's me thinking it was a secret:D

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Alf thanks for the good wishes and all the best to both of you. Have you given much thought to that trip east you were telling me about. I cannot get it out of my mind. I don't want it out of my mind, I want to do it. Cathryn is not at all keen but perhaps she could fly out to meet me along the route.
HI Marholm and Catherine nice to hear from you,we are not traveling that far at the moment,because out dog bamse cannot get up into the Mh,poor old bams , he now in his 16th year,we had a Routh time with him over the Christmas period and quite a few sleepless nights,and thought this might be his last,then he bounced back and he's like he used to be,I don't know about a cat having 9 lives HE'S ABSOLUTE BRILL for such a large dog and that as made our new year. Going back to our travels the trip East is always on our minds and spoken about on many occasion,Marianne and myself miss our long travels,but time will come when all is ready,we would be more than happy for you and Catherine to explore with us and you are welcome, and saying that if you find your travels are near our way ,your both welcome to come by us and rest awhile. We both hope you and Catherine enjoy your travels down south ,and your enjoy meeting Nigel and Pamela the sundowners,and exchanging both your travels together, so for now it's bye from us up here and safe and happy travels to you both,Regards Alf and Marianne O and not forgetting Bamse(y).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
At last we are getting away from the Yorkshire winter and heading south.
Hello Cathryn & Malcom. :)

Sorry to hear of your mechanical woes, but glad to hear that you are half way to warmer climes by now. (y)
Are we envious? Not a bit..................say the pair of lying gits. :LOL:

Have a great time, and stay safe. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Deleted User
7 sleeps to go, before we're boarding the "Tunnel sous le Mange", bound for Spain/Portugal and we can't bloomin wait ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Alan

Yes. I think Benidorm first then Portugal when weather picks up.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011

Sounds fantastic. Could well give that place a try. Will keep you up to date with our movements.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
We are about 45km from Fougeres in the direction of Mayenne.
You're more than welcome to come over and plug in for some power if you need it, we've plenty of space.

That would have been great but we have moved on and did not pick up your post until now.

Had a very quiet at Fougeres. Used the large car park rather than the Chateau aire as it is a bit closer to the town. Moved on to Mouzillon last night. We were nice and snug but there was thunder and lightning all around accompanied by a fair amount of hailstones.

Good job it was the weekend as there is some groundwork being done. As it was we slept well and long since the excavators were silent and church bells rang for only a short time.

If anyone is passing this way please note that the service point is not accessible at present.

Feeding well at Parthenay (MacDs again). Weather is arse. Had to pull in to a layby (not a bus stop ha ha) as wipers could not cope with the downpour and more hail.

Now off to Chaunay. No sun for solars so hoping there is space for EHU.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Like the sound of your "Camperstop" Sundowners... Just our sort of "rustic" place and next best thing to wilding (Freeloading tossers). Not sure how long we could last on 100 watt solar in Winter (never had a problem in Summer) but we will "give it a go".
Cant come this year due to "Brain fart" with mandatory 6 month driving ban, but roll on next !!
Enjoy.. (y)(y)(y) .
Mitch and Jenny.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Guess what guys flew into Benidorm for a week could not wait looking out of the windows at th the rain.
Not been on a plane for years buddy hard work.
On the ferry 26th everyone thinks I am mad but one life live it.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Yesterday we lost both wipers in a hailstorm. One of the driver arms had come adrift about a month ago but easily clipped back on. Repeated the operation this time but it came off again a few minutes later. This time both driver arms had dropped down. Slowly drove into the aire at Chaunay and we had the free electric hook-up to ourselves. Today drove on in more rain to Angouleme to a Merc commercial garage where they have ordered parts to be fitted tomorrow. Touvre aire only 15 minutes away so sorted for tonight. Had to shelter in a timber yard on our short walk to nearby bar due to yet another hailstorm. Can't wait to get to some sun.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Like the sound of your "Camperstop" Sundowners... Just our sort of "rustic" place and next best thing to wilding (Freeloading tossers). Not sure how long we could last on 100 watt solar in Winter (never had a problem in Summer) but we will "give it a go".
Cant come this year due to "Brain fart" with mandatory 6 month driving ban, but roll on next !!
Enjoy.. (y)(y)(y) .
Mitch and Jenny.
Last two winters with one battery and 100 panel no problem

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yesterday we lost both wipers in a hailstorm. One of the driver arms had come adrift about a month ago but easily clipped back on. Repeated the operation this time but it came off again a few minutes later. This time both had dropped down. Slowly drove into the aire at Chaunay and we had the free electric hook-up to ourselves. Today drove on in more rain to Angouleme to a Merc commercial garage where they have ordered parts to be fitted tomorrow. Touvre aire only 15 minutes away so sorted for tonight. Had to shelter in a timber yard on our short walk to nearby bar due to yet another hailstorm.
Its to be expected with a new van...Teething problems :giggle:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Are you just tramping through to get the Tangier Med. Ferry or having a gentle saunter through Spain

We would have ripped straight through Spain, but have had to stay a few days at Zahora because @PenelopePitstop has got a gig for the Rex Factor on Saturday night!

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
After a few weeks in Spain we'd really like to get back to Portugal, but the Weather App on my phone won't let us.

Posted from a blistering hot Espania.

Ditto from the Tincas. Love Portugal but the rain was getting too much, currently under a really hot sun at Cabo de Gata...........:):):)

The Tincas

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Wipers working fine. Now in Donostia and though still a drop of rain this evening I am a happy lad. Reason simple, unlike rural France where the country was closed for the duration (well for winter at least) here everywhere Is open. The place is alive. Tonight I am in a bar that won't chuck me out at 7pm. Tapas line the bar top. The bar owners are eating with friends and children are enjoying themselves climbing over the furniture. Happiness abounds.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Bienvenidos en España, Sr/Sra. Bolt

Mind you, where you are now, do avoid telling them you love it in Spain!!:rofl:

Bryan and Anna

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Wipers working fine. Now in Donostia and though still a drop of rain this evening I am a happy lad. Reason simple, unlike rural France where the country was closed for the duration (well for winter at least) here everywhere Is open. The place is alive. Tonight I am in a bar that won't chuck me out at 7pm. Tapas line the bar top. The bar owners are eating with friends and children are enjoying themselves climbing over the furniture. Happiness abounds.
We've never stopped in Donostia, where abouts are you staying?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back