Portsmouth area late arrival parking ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Snitrats, May 13, 2013.

1. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

Need a bit of help, we arrive of the ferry at Portsmouth about 11.30 at night, so we are looking for somewhere to park up for a nap before heading up to Leicester. I have tried to get a ferry pitch at CC Rooksbury Park but they are full.Any suggestions, needs to be fairly secure or the wife won't be happy ! we also have a toad on the back.:help:

2. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

There are loads of options, you can either leave Portsmouth then turn right at the M27 and go to Chichester (Lakeside holidays just off the M27, well signposted and secure if a little pricey) or even closer Hayling Island which has a number of sites which would be suitable including Fishery Creek, or the Oven.

Another option (if you are using A34 instead of M1) is to turn right at M27 and head to Gosport (Kingfisher Caravan & camping) or to to the Riverside park in Hamble.

All of the sites listed can be found within 10-15 mins from Portsmouth.

Hope this helps.

Tim:thumb:

3. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

(All of the sites listed can be found within 10-15 mins from Portsmouth.

Hope this helps.

Tim:thumb:)

Thanks for that Tim, I appreciate there are loads of sites in the area I didn't know if anyone new one with a late arrivals area, without me ringing round.:thumb:

I have looked through previous posts regarding staying on the port but these where for people arriving but not leaving the port.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  4. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

When we were leaving from Portsmouth to Santander, I had a problem with van and had to cancel crossing and rebook the following crossing.
    My sister was staying at the travel lodge just on the roundabout by the ferry entrance.

I asked travel lodge if I could park motorhome in their car park for a couple of nights whilst I got van fixed and to my surprise they said, yes, which was great news for us.
    No hook up but car park is covered by CCTV.

5. bob

bob Read Only Funster

portsmouth parking

I believe I have on one of brittany ferries web pages that you can park in the car lanes so long as you dont interfere with the loading lanes dont know if that helps at least you are there and waiting. Bob

6. Daveg

Daveg Funster

Another Portsmouth option

We arrived late and used Portsmouth Truckstop which is exactly what it sounds like.

Noisy with lorries fuelling til late and from early. Plus it's next to the railway.

Upside is that it has good security and full CCTV coverage.

£12 for 12 hours and an experience which contrasts interestingly with a site.

Dave

7. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

You can overnight on Hayling Island seafront car park by the public house Inn on the Beach.
    It is not cheap at £20 but it is legal and no problem with late arrival. I have stopped there many times and never had a problem.

• Like Like x 1