LIFE MEMBER
May 22, 2012
Bridgend S Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria zola S687SP
Exp
Since 2011.
Any one who first hand the current situation in Calais? We haven't planned our summer hols yet not just because of this but it certainly hasn't helped

Suggestions for good holiday places would be welcome too. Hubby is talking about going back to Holland which was a fantastic site but the weather is the same as here.
Need something to keep a teenager entertained, somewhere dog friendly and I would like some sun!

Thanks
Sharon

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Calais has plenty of activity to keep a teenager occupied. Fighting illegals off the van is one activity for them.
As for dogs, they are welcomed with open arms by some of the Asian occupants of the local migrant camps........:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
France is fine just use common sense when parking.
We went October November last year with no problems.
Don't listen to the scary storys just use due diligence
Bill

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
If you are going to Holland, try the Harwich to Hook Of Holland crossing

?

Deleted User
Or Newcastle to Ijmuiden if not to far. Holland has a fair few theme parks to keep the kids entertained but lets be honest. If its not digital with a screen they will always say "Im bored"

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
For decent weather.. France .. anywhere south of the Loire valley .. Atlanta coast is fantastic.. plenty of aires and great beaches..

We are heading to the French med coast this year.. or we may end up in northern Spain.. follow the sun

Using tunnel again... fast and easy.. and it's best for our dog..

OP
OP
apple7

apple7

LIFE MEMBER
May 22, 2012
Bridgend S Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria zola S687SP
Exp
Since 2011.
Calais has plenty of activity to keep a teenager occupied. Fighting illegals off the van is one activity for them.
As for dogs, they are welcomed with open arms by some of the Asian occupants of the local migrant camps........:)

....hmmmm tempting....anyone got a taser I can borrow? Just so the teenager doesn't have to take her eyes off her phone

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Any one who first hand the current situation in Calais? We haven't planned our summer hols yet not just because of this but it certainly hasn't helped

Suggestions for good holiday places would be welcome too. Hubby is talking about going back to Holland which was a fantastic site but the weather is the same as here.
Need something to keep a teenager entertained, somewhere dog friendly and I would like some sun!

Thanks
Sharon
I read the current situation in Calais is the jungle bulldozed flat (y) the sensible ones have gone into govt accommodation, the rest 90% are going to other port camps or dossing under bridges in Paris.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back