Portimão Marina Motorhome Parking. (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Great news one of my favourite spots.
My first time in Portugal a few years ago on the back field I met a chap who lent me his interent.
As it was my first time in a new van.
This kind chap also introduced me to motor home fun.
O it was you.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
What was the problem? Champers is there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Theonlysue From another thread I believe the site was being acquired by a developer who wanted it cleared so he could build.

Didn't think anybody was currently doing that (building) in Portugal!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
It has been said that there are no problems, maybe something to do with the wheelie bins ... perhaps as they were not recycling ones ?

All back to normal bar for the wheelie bins returned

Kath

Reactions: JJ

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This is your inaction reporter, reporting nearly live from Silves having just returned from a day out in Portimao.

I'm sorry to report that as of today, the Portimao Marina Aire is no longer open for new arrivees.
The Aire itself will close and be empty in a week on the 8th December. Me and SWMBO had a lovely meal at the bar at lunchtime where we were told by the prop.(sorry, didn't get the name) that the bar will be closed as from tonight. We actually witnessed new arrivals being turned away and we saw several 'vans leave as we were enjoying our meal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes indeed it has definitely been closed ....we had a party last nite with happy hour price drinks and a great Karaoke, it had become a community of folk and there were many a tear amongst us.....tonight the bar doors will close and then emptied

Then those that had paid to the 10th can stay until 8 th but have to leave then or leave now and have a refund but after that date penalties will be imposed
Sadly we have now left this lovely aire and the lovely friends we have made also .....this aire will be a great loss to the local community too.. sadly the staff will be made jobless at a hard time of the year. .. they will be missed by many

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back