Happycampers1

Free Member
Jun 18, 2014
St Leonards, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 665
Exp
So I just bought a 120W portable solar panel for our trip to Portugal over the winter. Seemed like a good plan until someone told me we can't use it in AIRES etc so this might be a problem. So I thought I would fix it to the roof and buy a converter. But I have no idea what size inverter to buy or how to fix it. Anyone any suggestions? I can't afford to have someone fit it for me. I've been quoted £600 including the kit!
My kit only cost me £154.
SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to driving around Portugal for 4 months!

OP
OP
Happycampers1

Happycampers1

Free Member
Jun 18, 2014
St Leonards, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 665
Exp
I was told that in AIRES you can't put anything outside that makes it look like you are camping? Might be duff gen but in the end I bought some brackets which I glued to the roof and screwed the panel to that. Then bought a 300w inverter and now I have power! Cost me around £350 including the panel, brackets and inverter to fit myself. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: GJH

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
I've just spent 5 weeks staying in Aires all over and not once would I have thought leaning a solar panel against the MH or on the ground outside would be a problem!! The only 'problem' I could see would be someone nicking it while you were at the shops. Lost count of the amount of times we set up BBQ's chairs and tables outside.

Just get on with it. It'll be fine.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back