Portable sattelite dishes....again... (1 Viewer)

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Know it's been discussed many times before, but last weekend was the first holiday, on a campsite with no analoque or digital television signal.

Anyway, sold my old tent and camping trailer and thought about buying a sattalite dish.

As this has been discussed before , i only want to know about the following product.

Omnisat 54cm Portable Satellite Kit.

It retails at 130 pounds and wondered if anybody has one that they could comment on.

Thanks Mark.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Know it's been discussed many times before, but last weekend was the first holiday, on a campsite with no analoque or digital television signal.

Anyway, sold my old tent and camping trailer and thought about buying a sattalite dish.

As this has been discussed before , i only want to know about the following product.

Omnisat 54cm Portable Satellite Kit.

It retails at 130 pounds and wondered if anybody has one that they could comment on.

Thanks Mark.

i dont have one but i have seen them on sites and they do the job......personally id peg the legs down to stop the wind blowing it out of tune. and find a way to chain it to the van:winky:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Mark, I have used a dish and tripod for years. I would'nt bother with a maxview set up just find an old sky dish and a cheap tripod from ebay. The sky dish being mesh is less suseptable to wind. You should get a tripod from ebay for £30 and there are always sky dishes arround. I have one you can have for free.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Hi Mark, I have used a dish and tripod for years. I would'nt bother with a maxview set up just find an old sky dish and a cheap tripod from ebay. The sky dish being mesh is less suseptable to wind. You should get a tripod from ebay for £30 and there are always sky dishes arround. I have one you can have for free.

Andy

I also did that, before getting one in a suitcase but I only got that for tidiness.

Ralph

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cliquez pour agrandir Il s'agit d'une paire des Link Removed en noir et or. Comme vous le savez, des baskets puma sont très populaires dans le monde entier maintenant. Si vous êtes une personne qui exerce toujours la mode, Puma basket sont certainement le meilleur choix! Le Kart Cat série est en faveur d'une jeune génération de bottes de course. Avec sa jolie, coupe asymétrique supérieur, les puma chaussures certainement frappe un jeune groupe cible. Motor sport jeunes fanatiques qui commencent leur carrière par la course karts seront attirés par ces puma sport chaussures. Soft suède supérieur, avec de synthèse CM-EVA Semelle coin résistant à l'huile et non glissante extérieur avec des pneus intermédiaires profil de tous les moyens qui rassemble des chaussures sport puma à la mode et l'aspect pratique ainsi que le confort dans son ensemble. Ainsi, saisir cette tendance puma speed, il n'y aura pas de regrets dans votre mind.100% satisfait vous. Pour votre sélection!

bonjour KLMN328. est il possible d'écrire en anglais svp, ou employez un programme de traducteur. merci.

S

Shubberdog

Deleted User
Well that just about says it all :ROFLMAO:

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Well my french is pretty bad but I know that it has nothing to do with sat dishes:thumbdown:

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting

Andy

will that really work? do you still have one you dont want? ::bigsmile:

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Julian

We do the same. Have a tripod plus 80cm dish, use it everywhere. This site really helps with the set up:

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

Always make a note of settings, etc. before we go. Never really had a problem............. other than trees sometimes! But at least you can move a tripod mounted dish whereas if it's on the RV it's a little more difficult. ::bigsmile:

Mick

Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
Used the next size up for 4years in the UK and abroad works very well easy to set up use the pegs when windy keeps it in place when fixed units have to fold theirs down.
Cheers Lawrence
PS I use a Sky box

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Maxview sat compass