Port Grimaud

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by goldenline, Nov 28, 2014.

1. goldenline

goldenline Funster

We have just had the worst storm i have seen in the 27 years i have lived here we have 30 cms of water in living room of our house. Just managed to get the mh to safety last night before the water rose to far. Our grandaughter was trapped at school because all the roads were blocked due to flooding so it was 6.30 before anyone could get there. Camping les praries de la mer has been virtually wiped out but fortunately i have not heard heard of any injuries only damage to property and vehicles. Could be spending a bit of time in mh while the house dries out

2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

So sorry to hear of your troubles. Water damage can be awful so I hope you get dried out quickly.

The only good thing is that no one was hurt.

3. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Water damage is bad enough hope you don't get sewage in as well that can be a killer, our thoughts are with you and yours.

4. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Oh so sorry to hear this hope you can get sorted quickly, horrible any time but Christmas coming makes it worse. Glad your grandaughter is alright must have been very worrying.

Hope all goes smoothly getting it sorted.

5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

All the very best of luck in the next few days, thinking of you.

6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Oh No. Every time I see your posts and the words Port Grimaud I feel warm inside and very jealous.... couldn't believe it when I read your post... I hope everything is ok in the end. I guess it is on the same scale that Venice would be with all the canal roads flooding? Is the square flooded and are the shops? Really hope it soon gets sorted. :(

7. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Weather is going mad indeed ! I hope you'll get sorted in time before Christmas. I know how things go when the whole town is under the water, insurances are flooded too with papers and appointments!(I'm regularly flooded!)
    If you have any trouble being understood , don't hesitate to contact me. I bet your French is excellent, but just in case......! If you need to know what's written in the smallest font size (the most important part of the contract most of the time!!!) , then scan it and send it to me!

I wish you the best, and hope the weather will calm down!

Amicalement

Frankie

• Like Like x 11
  8. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

All the best with the clear up and glad you got the van away in time.(y)

10. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

WOW ! Much worse storms in warmer climates ( see Malaga two days ago).
    Best wishes
    Phil

11. goldenline

goldenline Funster

Hi Frankie
    Sorry for the delay in replying but as you can imagine we been quite busy with the clean up, anyway i think we have returned to normality in the house but outside is a bit different and around our area will take a long time. Thank you so much for your offer of help,we have flooded before on the campsite so have experience of insurance. We are intending to do some travelling in the spring arounfd france if we get near your area maybe we will meet
    Kind regards
    Janice & Alan

• Like Like x 1
  12. goldenline

goldenline Funster

Good morning, sorry for the delay in replying but we have been quite busy with the clean up. We just wanted to thank you all for your kind wishes Unfortunately things are worse than we first thought there is 1 person dead and 3missing including an 8year old girl.
    The photo is of the local newspaper and was taken just aroun the corner from where we live.

Attached Files:

13. yodeli

It's good to hear from you, and even better to know you managed some tidying. It will take time, especially for memory to wipe it all!
    About the insurance, I happen to know a person (being one of my previous toddler's Mum) who works with different insurances and can put a file on top of the list if you happen to be with one of the insurers she is working with. I know she must be overbooked at the moment but I have all the private phone numbers and e-mail addresses to contact her if necessary. It doesn't mean she'll be able to help but let's say it's a good card to have in one's pocket as we say in French.
    I was supposed to be away this week end in my motorhome , but again ....... something wrong happened! So I'm at home and you can call here anytime.

Weather has been awful here too but this time not rain enough to flood my place....

Take care

Amicalement

Frankie:)

14. elamessa

elamessa Funster

• Like Like x 2
  15. yodeli

OMG ! Poor people .....

16. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Thanks for the great pic's.. Poor devils..!!

17. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Wow !

Palavas and Beziers, we were enjoying the sunshine there 6 months ago. Where we pitched and walked in Palavas is all under water. It was a lovely town.

Where we parked at the 9 locks in Beziers, it's way up a hill, what was the bottom like ?