Port Grimaud dog friendly site ? (1 Viewer)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Looking for a site that allows dogs ,anyone been with a mut ?

Vlad

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We spent a week at Holiday Marina Resort with our dog, cant fault it . We were however advised not to stay here as it was full of british fighting all the time. There was one skirmish on our first night that was quickly dealt with. Rest of the week was great and each pitch has an ensuite room. Pay for 5 nights get two free. We would return if in the area. We went in Sept.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Sandra did you stay put for the week or venture out and about ?
If so did you take the van or use public transport.Can you easily fill the week ie is there enough to see and do ?

Thanks in advance

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We stayed for the week but could easily have moved after day 4 or 5 but hey ho the next 2 days were free :)
We took the boat to St Tropez for market day. Was 14e return I think. Took the dog to the beach another day, cant remember what the place was called but it was less than a mile if you went out the gate crossed the road and walked to the right. In a bay the water was warm and that was Sept.

Dogs were not allowed on the beach at Port Grimaud. We also werent allowed on the bus as we never had a muzzle on the dog.
The choochoo tourist train went nowhere of interest, waste of money though it did pass some time.

Cycle tracks are fabulous and you can easily bike to next towns.
Bear in mind we had mum and her 86 yr old sister with us so we were a bit limited.
We moved to Antibes and caught the train to Monaco. Noone came for our fare on both journeys...result :)

Port Grimaud is lovely, a wee mini Venice.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Don't normally do big sites but have stayed on Les Prairies de la mere with our collie, not cheap but just made a change. As said easy bike rides to adjoining towns and a good cultural fix but only in quiet season!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi we are staying at camping Les Mures just over the road from the beach & in the ACSI book they accept dogs happy travels Rod

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We too stayed at Camping Les Mures. There were dogs about. Lovely little site. Just a 10 min cycle into Port Grimaud and a half an hour cycle to St Tropez. You can get yourself one of those little mutt baskets :D

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi we are staying at camping Les Mures just over the road from the beach & in the ACSI book they accept dogs happy travels Rod

Hope you are having a nice time Rod,I wonder if you can answer a question ?
When looking at availability it's offering a beachside pitch intermediate ranks maybe I'm having a blonde moment but where is such a pitch located.

Vlad

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We like les mures which is ACSI there are 2 side to the campsite i would suggest that if you don't like noise you would be bretter off not staying on the beach side as you Will be next to the main road. Staying on the opposite side is fine as there is an underpass to the Beach. Holiday marina is also à nice site each emplacement has its own toilet and shower facilities not acsi. Beautiful place to visit but quite expensive. Should you need any info just contact me
Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back