uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No it's not you
Maybe it is maybe not,
But it's not me for want of speaking to others , I talk to anyone but the times British don't even reply or look the other way when I speak to them are quite common , but the others mostly at least acknowledge you, but being as there are far more foreigners than British perhaps it's not a fair percentage.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
To be honest, I just speak to nice people.. Just because they have a GB plate on means nowt..

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We met funster when over the water but seems a very dry reception when a talked to them
I don't bother now when on the road the motor home snobbery still existing
Bill

We got a lot of 'WTF is that?....and how the hell is it still running' looks at Winnie. Then the men would generally wonder over for a closer look. The kids loved her. Once the bonnet went up we had scores of male heads bent over peering into her innards offering advice and generally reminiscing, at least I hope that's what they were doing. :rofl::rofl:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
When we we're in France last year we we're surunded by GB plates a young German boy cam over with a footBall while the boys played Foote the parents can over with Snap's and beer
We had a grate night while the Brits looked on in disgust us fraternizing with the Germans till the wee smal hrs
The kids the next day played with solder and tanks
The allies wine again
EDIT that we're from the east hardly any English and very littal German but we got bye
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Only a tiny percentage of UK motorhomers are Funsters.

Only some Funsters are into hanging out with other Funsters in real life and use Fun just for information and advice.

Only a teeny, weeny percentage of motorhomers abroad are from Blighty.

I am not surprised I don't meet other Funsters on the road (unless planned of course)... I was staggered the only time we did... after spending a quiet, peaceful evening and night on a Spanish Motorway Service Station.

Anyway... I have Portuguese plates... I prefer not to let everyone know I have an association with England. ;)

I consider myself to be European.

JJ :cool:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I was speaking to a couple of Brit motorhomers two days ago here in Totana. They had come down the coast from France through the Valencia region and had not seen any Brit motorhomes either.

As to Brits not speaking. We were on a popular French aire in our Spanish registered van. There were two Brit couples on there. They'd been out together and as they returned they walked past our van. Martin said "Hello, have you had a good day?'. There was a look of panic on the face of one of the men and his reply was "sorry, don't speak Spanish!!!". It took another statement from Martin before the Penny dropped!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back