Pop up Ads are deleting my messages (1 Viewer)

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Can someone explain why I'm getting pop up ads when I'm writing a reply to a post.:whatthe::Sad::Doh::Eeek:

When this happens I loose everything I've typed:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

It has happened four times in the last week:Angry::RollEyes:

Never happens on other web site forums

Today it was some loan company advertisement 'Sun Money' or some such name

Very annoying, especially if I've just spent ten minutes composing and typing a long reply to someone :Angry::RollEyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Very annoying, especially if I've just spent ten minutes composing and typing a long reply to someone :Angry::RollEyes:

This is easily solved - compose using word/notepad/anything then cut and paste to your email.

If that fails you have something really nasty on your PC.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
does not sound right that harvey. I never get pop ups from fun. Is it possible you have a bit of adaware on your pc?:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Yep, you've been infected with adware. Try downloading and installing Adaware, it should get rid of the pop-ups. They are harmless but really annoying.

Rgds
Bill

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Think Paul might be right.

There are loads of free ad removal apps available but I use Ad Aware, SuperAntiApyware, Malwarebytes Anti Mal ware and spybot S&D - not all at the same time, of course. It surprising what gets missed if only using one.

Links:
SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Ad-Aware by Lavasoft - Antivirus software, free spyware removal, firewall
The home of Spybot-S&D!
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

It takes a while to run them all, but if it clears the rubbish, it's time well spent.

A while ago I had an infection that seemed immune to all these as well as CCleaner.
CCleaner - Home
Eventually I spent a bit of money and kicked it into touch with RegCure. I believe that there was a scam running involving the name RegCure, but the product I'm using seems to be the genuine article.

Link
RegCure Registry Cleaner

Hope some of this is useful.

John

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Her ya go totally free and updateable check every few weeks for upodates,if by any chance you get a "nasty" use there forums good info ion removals etc and freebie virus removers that most wont shift:
Spybot Defender
The home of Spybot-S&D!

as mentioned in another Topic: delete cookies that will cure it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread