Poor Driving (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
As I meander along the UK's roads I have noticed that the worst offenders of poor driving in terms of HGV's seem to be the large Recycling lorry's......

Their drivers are away with the fairies... Too fast... Little or no signalling, sit right up your chuff, no real regard for others..

I wonder what other types of HGV drivers Funsters think are poor/rubbish?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
what other types of HGV drivers Funsters think are poor/rubbish?

where do we start..

those who hog the second lane overtaking, 0.5 mph faster than than the other truck .. grrrrrrrr

those who swerve when you are overtaking.. aaahhhhhhh

those who use their mobile phone .. gggrrrrrrr

In service areas, those who pee up against the wheel rather than walk to the toilet .. eeeeewwwwww

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
My vote goes to the motorhome ( about 7.5 metres ) driving along Torquay bypass in the lane marked left only ( on road and on signage) I stopped at the roundabout to give way to the car approaching alongside the motorhome in the " straight on, go right " lane. Motorhome changes lane feet from roundabout white lines, no indication, causing the car to slam on its brakes. How there wasn't a collision I don't know but par for the course round here.
Previous day driver stopped on another roundabout, even though no traffic to right. Then drove forward, stopped, thought about which way to go and then turned left, totally oblivious to the cars behind them.

Deleted User
My vote goes to the motorhome ( about 7.5 metres ) driving along Torquay bypass in the lane marked left only ( on road and on signage) I stopped at the roundabout to give way to the car approaching alongside the motorhome in the " straight on, go right " lane. Motorhome changes lane feet from roundabout white lines, no indication, causing the car to slam on its brakes. How there wasn't a collision I don't know but par for the course round here.
Previous day driver stopped on another roundabout, even though no traffic to right. Then drove forward, stopped, thought about which way to go and then turned left, totally oblivious to the cars behind them.

Must have been a truck driver on holiday:)................or BMW/AUDI driver:)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Here in Cornwall we have a firm based around "Clay Country" that makes Concrete Blocks" Their Drivers are first class, gold star idiots
Wether they are paid on what they deliver, I can only surmise.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
As I meander along the UK's roads I have noticed that the worst offenders of poor driving in terms of HGV's seem to be the large Recycling lorry's......

Their drivers are away with the fairies... Too fast... Little or no signalling, sit right up your chuff, no real regard for others..

I wonder what other types of HGV drivers Funsters think are poor/rubbish?

Sorry. My misread! But the motorhome driver was still lucky to get away with his/her manoeuvre.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I drive a recycle lorry. (y) And if peaple in cars had more patience it would make life easier. We are doing a job and hold up traffic it can't be helped. If you want your recycling done so not to hold the traffic up stand at side of road and throw it in as we pass. :eek:

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
where do we start..

those who hog the second lane overtaking, 0.5 mph faster than than the other truck .. grrrrrrrr

those who swerve when you are overtaking.. aaahhhhhhh

those who use their mobile phone .. gggrrrrrrr

In service areas, those who pee up against the wheel rather than walk to the toilet .. eeeeewwwwww

yep, yep ,yep and yep

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

Did it then try going under s low bridge nr Totness ? :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back