Poll: Motorhome magazine content

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Touchwood, Mar 14, 2012.

?

Do you think MH magazines devote too much space to campsites?

1. Yes - too much

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No - not enough

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. About right

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. Don't care/don't read MH magazines

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. Touchwood

Touchwood Funster

There may well be other issues with MH magazine content; for now let's limit it to the amount of space devoted to campsite descriptions.

Do you think it's too much, not enough, just right, or not care?

2. tofo

tofo Funster

I used to have three mailed
    Only pick one up now and then

To many adverts and to expensive
    But then less adverts would push the price higher :thumb:

3. Touchwood

Touchwood Funster

Well, on the basis of the poll results so far, seems I was wrong regarding the amount of space given to campsite reviews - to date 11 think it's about right or not enough, only 10 agree with me. My apologies to the magazine editors.

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I cancelled my subscription

I cancelled my subscription. A) because they move the disability supplement (MMM) to on line 90%.. I also got fed up with the same authors moving from one place to another month in month out.. B) Almost professional reviews and not what the man in the street might see or do. Great photos if you are a mountain goat .. C) Plus page after page of the same adverts.. I hate the front page that has a double fold out as a book mark, always in the way. Plus being an RV owner did few reviews.

Over the years I had read just about every type of question and it became boring. Yes I think the site reviews were boring in general.

Now I declare an interest as I was a paid writer for the MMM at times, but as a private person I just found the magazine lacked for a better word. Do I miss my copy arriving? no not really, get all the info I want here on MHF and if I really wanted one I would buy one at Smiths... but since last year .. no I have not felt the need for it.

C&CC magazine comes in as I pay for membership.. I look at it... in the bin with 5 minutes.. for me a waste of time.

Bob

• Like Like x 1