Polishing the Motorhome.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ralph-n-Bev, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Well , Ralph and I have spent the last 5 hours thoroughly doing up the MH She had a good old wash , all her black streaky marks removed then a good old polish with Autoglym super resin. Last weekend Ralph polished the all the luton. It drank the stuff, but at least it ended up with a shine, i think it was because its fiberglass , but it was very dull.
    Anyway even the roof is mirror shiny now .
    We've had a nice time in York this weekend , on a CCC temp holiday site. At York cricket club . The fun flag was flying , and there were 7 or 8 other MH there too.
    But on walking back to the MH yesterday we decided that she needed a proper fettling ! Not just the usual soapy wash.
    We had the Autoglym super resin and some Myrrh and didn't know which to use . Ralph had bought both to do the fiberglass luton bit .
    So we plumbed for the 1st.
    I managed to get some polish on one of the Hab windows and when i buffed it of i noticed it had left it lovely and shiny.
    So i decided to do the whole window . Using the polish mit i did it in circular movements . Waited for it to dry then buffed it off with a polishing cloth. Wow. What a difference.
    All the little scratches on the plastic had gone , and the window was lovely and reflective.
    Now this might be common knowledge to all you seasoned motorhomers:)Blush:) but if it isn't try it.
    The windows look like new now , no tiny scratches when the sun shines on them.
    Ralph's taken her back to storage now , till Thursday or Friday when we go to Scarborough for a few days.
    She looks all sparkly ,shiny and new , I'm so glad we did her.
    As i type i can feel my shoulders seizing up with all the polishing. Think i shall now , go in the bath and have a soak with a nice glass of red :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. Mixter

Mixter Read Only Funster

Whats the chance of it getting all mucky again before next weekend?:BigGrin: If youve nowt else to do, ours has a few black streaky bits (and marks on the windows) that could do with fettling. What was the polish you used?

3. brodie

brodie Funster

Hi

That is a job I have been wanting to do for months. I have got the Fenwicks stuff 2 large bottles of that and a tube of scratch remover for the windows. I also got the turtle wax colour magic for the cab. It is still in the garage not had time to invest.

Pretty glad now I didn't after being towed home :Doh: would have been even more hacked off, you gotta laugh - not. I am on the vino again to drown my sorrows.

Bet it looks great :thumb: and worth the effort.

Vik

4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

The polish was super resin ( auto glym )
    As for it getting mucky again , well it may do. Though we have noticed that since Ralph polished the fiberglass luton shiny again , the bugs and flies just wash off. Without having to soak and then scrub them . So hopefully it will be the same for the rest of the MH.
    Bev

5. Simba

Simba Read Only Funster

Before I invest in this product how about you coming and doing my motorhome to show me how good it really is:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: not that I dont believe you, but just not sure on how to do it, and of course it always looks beter when someone else has done it. :thumb:

6. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

It took us hours to do ours. So you've no chance :Laughing:
    But i tell you what , it gives your upper arms and shoulders a good work out. I bet you dont see any car valeters with bingo wings thats for sure:Rofl1:
    Bev

7. jezport

jezport Funster

Autogly SRP is great for polishing plastic windows but be careful using Mer, as it is very abrasive compared to most other polishes I have tried.