polio in india

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by marrod23, Feb 20, 2012.

1. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

the BBC announced tonight that the good old rotarians have almost eradicated polio in india. If i was a very wealthy indian which there are many thousands i would be totally ashamed of myself the rest of the world say we stick our noses in other countries business well iin this case its a bloody good job we do happy travels cheers Rod:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  2. sedge

sedge Funster

There's a Rotary Club in every reasonable-sized town in India, including Goa and Kerala.

Did they specify the funding had actually only come from Britain?

• Like Like x 1
  3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

4. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

whats this got to do with motorhome chat

• Like Like x 1
  5. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Nothing really but its not much different to many other comments on here but do you respond in the same manner to all those the point i was making was we are critisized all over the world & we above all others i think do more than any other country i think you will find i add many blogs about m/homing also happy travels Rod

6. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Thanks for the Link.

I remember having my polio jabs in the mid 1950's. You had 3, then a gap, then another and then had to have a booster after a big gap. By then they'd invented the sugar lump one but those of us who'd had the original jabs were lumbered with the fifth jab. Wasn't impressed ....

We had to have the sugar lump one as a top-up when we went to Goa on hols about 20 years ago. That surprised us both. I laughed - a doctor giving a sugar lump to a diabetic? LOL

But of course as a child I also remember seeing people who'd had polio - and also knew as an adult a man who had survived catching it as a teenager when he was in the Royal Navy - was in a caliper and on crutches all his adult life.

It's so simple and so cheap.

Jenny