Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Went to a police service this week on business. Noticed that they had several motorhomes!!

What happens, - "Your nicked mate, oh and by the way, do you have one or two sugars in your tea"::bigsmile:

On a slightly more serious note, these motorhomes look in remarkably good condition and I bet they do very little mileage and are very well maintained. They must come up for sale at some point and would never have dreamed of contacting the police to see if they had a motorhome for sale:Smile:

Broken Link Removed

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
These are normally kitted out to be a mobile office or temporary police station. They probably would be easy to convert back though and as you say would be very well maintained and low mileage. Most forces use converted panel vans nowadays though.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Around 35 years ago when I worked for a County Council we developed and ran workshop and stores software for the local police force (those were the days before they had their own IT departments).

Vehicles were sold on at the end of their operational lives but most were high mileage and fairly young former patrol/panda/pool cars. Lower mileage vehicles such as prison transfer vehicles tended to be kept much longer. The one thing all the vehicles had in common was maintenance second to none.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
You can try Mannheim auctions UK You get police vehicles of all kinds including mobile office/campers
Every month: but not cheap

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back