Polarity reverser - home made. (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
as we have a french van I recon we are safe never heard of any problems with revers polarity in a continental van all double poll switches

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
cant see a qualified sparky making up a reverse polarity lead, they arent even suppsoed to sell them in shops... or werent a while back.

if your in the habbit of taking apliances appart whilst they are plugged into the mains, albeit with the socket switch off, then you should know there's a chance you'll get a 'tingle' if you touch the wrong bit.

but that is the whole point !!! if the socket IS switched off but the polarity is incorrect, YOU'VE SWITCHED OFF THE NEUTRAL (THE DEAD SIDE) SO THE APPLIANCE IS STILL LIVE :(

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Might I respectfully suggest that anyone who considers themselves competent enough to undertake electrical repairs knows enough to unplug the equipment before starting.

If they don't, then maybe a short, (geddit?) sharp shock will educate them properly...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
I've only been on the site for a few months, but I'm a retired electrician (17th approved) I accept that this thread may be quite old, but there's newbies signing up almost all the time, and this subject should be read by ALL non electrical owners, could be life saving

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back