Poland Campsites Discount ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2016
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
I understand that ACSI does not provide discounted campsite data for Poland, but I believe it is possible to obtain discounts at some campsites from the Polish Camping & Caravanning Federation.
Has anybody previous experience of this and how one goes about obtaining the Discount "membership" / "card" ?

I plan to visit poland and Hungary this spring, for approx 12 weeks, so would be most interested in your experiences and help

Thanks
Dexter

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Hi Dexter
Cant help with the discount card but on our last trip to Poland the average campsite cost was 11euros per night. Not very expensive. We free parked most nights so the cost was reduced even further. For more info look at our map of the trip we did in 2015 and click on the kangaroo icons which give details of costs, GPS and other info. Click on the "look at blog" and it will take you to the blog relating to the location. We have been to Hungary 4 times the last being in 2014, info on the second link. Hope some of this info has helped.

http://www.travelbunyip.com/homepage/follow-our-2015-trip-map/

http://www.travelbunyip.com/homepage/where-are-we-now/

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We live in Poland and have never used a campsite(there are not many for MHs, mostly for tents) as we always wildcamp which is not diffiult, as there are hardly any fences and lots of parking areas next to lakes and resevoirs, plus you can pull up almost anywhere.

Wildcamping is technically illegal, but I think it is an unrepealed law from Communist times, to deter spies near military installations, and we have never been approached and see lots of Polish camping, mostly in tents as not so many MHs here, but that is true on the road also and most of Polish ones are quite old. If you see an 'A' Class it is probably German reg. - or us.:D

There are also some Aires but not many. AFAIK there is no book, but they are on the 'campingcars-info' website. Not used any ourselves.

One tip is that quite a few of the Service Areas on the Motorways have a toilet dump point for the Coaches to use - just a grid on a special parking area. They are signed 'Bus' and some sort of 'dump' sign on the signs a few kilometres before, and at the Area. Handy if you have been wildcamping for 3-4 days.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back