Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Dear all I have a new Garmin DEZL 560LMT and would like to know can I download aires, stellplatz and campsites in Germany /France as POIs onto the SatNav? :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Dear all I have a new Garmin DEZL 560LMT and would like to know can I download aires, stellplatz and campsites in Germany /France as POIs onto the SatNav? :thumb:

Yes you can,as 'custom POI's' and if you have any problems the garmin support line is 0808 238 0000 (Freephone) or 0870 850 1242. They are very helpful.

The downside with custom poi's on a garmin is that you cannot set it to alert you when you are near one (unless they've changed it recently)-you have to look at the list,choose the one you want and tap on it. Unlike Tom-Tom or Mio both will alert you at a preset distance from any custom POI's you ask them to.
I did speak to Garmin when I discovered this and they told me they had not 'identified a need' for this function ::bigsmile:
Despite that-I love my Garmin,particularly the lifetime free updates that were included :thumb:

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Yes you can,as 'custom POI's' and if you have any problems the garmin support line is 0808 238 0000 (Freephone) or 0870 850 1242. They are very helpful.

The downside with custom poi's on a garmin is that you cannot set it to alert you when you are near one (unless they've changed it recently)-you have to look at the list,choose the one you want and tap on it. Unlike Tom-Tom or Mio both will alert you at a preset distance from any custom POI's you ask them to.
I did speak to Garmin when I discovered this and they told me they had not 'identified a need' for this function ::bigsmile:
Despite that-I love my Garmin,particularly the lifetime free updates that were included :thumb:

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for that but I can only find CCC sites on the Garmin website do you know if there are downloads for aires stellplatz and campsites in Europe?

Thanks

Reg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back